Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help connecting UPStart to Pulseworx PIM-IP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help connecting UPStart to Pulseworx PIM-IP?

I know this question is really independent of HS3, but I'm having an issue getting UPStart Version 8.2 Build 112 to connect to a new Pulseworx PIM-IP. This is being done on Windows 10. I have disabled all firewall and Windows Defender to test. I've used UPStart with a serial attached module in the past w/o a problem.

When I run the interface connect in UPStart it immediately fails to connect:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	01 - UPB Interface Setup.png
Views:	231
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	1252425

I know the IP Address is correct because I can see the PIM in device discovery:

Name:	02 - Device Discovery.png
Views:	199
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1252424

And when I go to its web page I am prompted by its configuration page to login:

Name:	03 - Digi Connect ME Login.png
Views:	254
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1252426

I can login just fine, so I know it's not a credentials issue. Here's the main configuration page:

Name:	04 - Digi Connect ME Configuration.png
Views:	215
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	1252427

Finally, if I look at the serial port, it looks like port 2101 is active:

Name:	05 - Digi Connect ME Serial Port COnfiguration - PCS PIM-IP.png
Views:	225
Size:	646.8 KB
ID:	1252428

I have verified the Windows system can communicate to this port by trying to run telnet against it. It doesn't show anything intelligible, but it does connect. The serial port profile is set to TCP Sockets.

Can you think of anything else I should check on this PIM-IP? I really appreciate any help that can get me past this!

Figured it out: don't set your Pulseworx module on top of other electronics like an internet router. It gets overheated very easily, and the result is failures to connect like shown here!

Comment

Working...
    X