Fixing UPB issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing UPB issue

I am not getting the update when I turn on/off lights. I created an Event that does a "poll" of all switches. It doesn't work. In the log i see the following: Event Lights UPB Reset plugin action failed:Input string was not in a correct format. Any ideas?

If I turn the light that is on to on then off - it does work.

Thanks!

Have you set your switches (in UPSTART) to report their status when changed locally?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Not sure on that. Would that cause the log error?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMeer2 View Post
        Would that cause the log error?
        I don't know, but it might prevent the plug-in from receiving information about the switch state. . .which might lead to the error message. It certainly would explain why HS is not updating when you turn a light on or off at the switch.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Is there a way to poll a device for its actual status? There are times when UPBspud is not accurately reflecting the status of an actual device. For instance, if you manually dim a light from a wall switch that does not have the capability of reporting its device's load after a manual change (PCS KPLD7), then UPBspud plugin has no way of knowing how dim the light is, so it reflects the HS device as OFF, even though it is on (dim).
          tenholde

Comment

Working...
          X