Hometroller S6 not seeing Serial Ports with plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hometroller S6 not seeing Serial Ports with plugin

In the process of moving from an older hometroller to the S6 - using a simply-automated UMC-DB9 pim The plugin seems to be recognizing both serial ports on the manage plugin page and tells us that both serial ports are invalid - " Invalid Serial Port: com1" when trying to import upe file - downloaded upstart and the pim is recognized in serial port 1 and the lights can be controlled - any ideas

I have an older model S6 (2015, Windows 7). As delivered, COM ports were a mess. Neither was functional and IIRC both appeared as COM1. What I did to fix was to delete the devices in Windows Device Manager, then rescan. After this, I had a working COM1 & COM2 (which I have never used since, lol)

I had posted a step-by-step procedure for this in the S6 subforum, but all the contents of that subforum disappeared after a forum upgrade...

Comment

Thank you - tried that even though UPStart recognizes the PIM - After deletion and scan for hardware changes Homeseer still says they are invalid and UPStart recognizes serial port 1

Comment

Enter the port in the config page in upper case COM1 instead of com1

Comment

Thank you - that fixed it

Comment

Working...
          X