Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moving from windows to zee2 how do I import the UPStart Export File?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving from windows to zee2 how do I import the UPStart Export File?

I am moving my homeseer system from windows to the zee2, i have everything moved over except the UPB spud, how do I get the config file imported into the Zee2? I can put the file on a usb drive and plug it in but not knowing anything about Linux I don't know how to import the file.

I think the easiest is to use putty to connect to your Zee
    follow step 1 to 4 from this article:
    https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...date-to-mono-5

plug your usb drive to the zee
    then copy your .upe file to the HS config dir:

Code:
    sudo cp /path/to/your/upe/file  /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config
    then you should be able to select the file from the plugin config page.

Comment

Thank you for the response but I don't know anything about Linux commands and I am more comfortable working with Windows, so I'm sending the Zee back and will stay with a windows machine.

Comment

Hi Spud, I am trying out your plugin for my UPB lights so I can connect HomeSeer with Alexa. I've having problems exporting my upe file into me zee s2 homecontroller. I'm using PGW and believe I've done everything correctly, but I cannot get the upe file onto my controller. I've attempted to copy via USB drive but the home controller doesn't seem to recognize my USB. When I use the lsusb command, it shows up (0781:5530) Sandisk Corp Cruzer, but I can't find the USB that contains my upe file anywhere in the directory. Please help.

Comment

I have the upe file on a stick in one of the usb ports and I'm OK with getting to the HomeSeer/Config directory but how do I designate the path to the file?

Comment

Working...
          X