Error importing an upstart export file into Spud in a new S2 Zee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error importing an upstart export file into Spud in a new S2 Zee

I am having an issue getting Spud going on a newly acquired S2 Zee. I have an OmniPro II panel and a PGW gateway that have been operating well for some time now and am planning to use the Zee as an interface to talk to Alexa. I have been able to make it work using an IP link with the Omni II and control individual devices but link control leaves something to be desired. So I have installed Spud to talk to the PGW. It connects and is authenticated and I have a newly produced Upstart export file and have copied it into the Zee. However I am getting an ERROR UPStart_IMPORT:: Error parsing UPB import file -- Index was outside the bounds of the array. What am I missing? Any Ideas?

what version of upstart are you using?
    can you post all the debug logs you get when you try to import the .upe file
    can you send me your upe file at spud.webb.4@gmail.com

Comment

Upstart 8.2 build 120. I just initialized Spud which failed and tried again to import after the failure with the following result. Thanks for looking at this.
      Dec-23 6:25:13 PM UPBSpud ERROR Import of UPStart file failed
      Dec-23 6:25:13 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPStart_IMPORT:: Error parsing UPB import file -- Index was outside the bounds of the array.
      Dec-23 6:25:13 PM UPBSpud INFO Import of UPStart file started
      Dec-23 6:25:13 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin UPBSpud started successfully in 359 milliseconds
      Dec-23 6:25:13 PM UPBSpud INFO UPBSpud version 3.0.0.50
      Dec-23 6:25:12 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin UPBSpud ...
      Dec-23 6:25:12 PM Starting Plug-In UPBSpud loaded in 15013 milliseconds
      Dec-23 6:24:58 PM Info Plugin UPBSpud has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49854
      Dec-23 6:24:57 PM Warning I/O interface UPBSpud is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
      Dec-23 6:24:30 PM Info Plugin UPBSpud with instance: has disconnected
      Dec-23 6:23:27 PM UPBSpud ERROR Import of UPStart file failed
      Dec-23 6:23:27 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPStart_IMPORT:: Error parsing UPB import file -- Index was outside the bounds of the array.
      Dec-23 6:23:27 PM UPBSpud INFO Import of UPStart file started
      Dec-23 6:23:27 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in UPBSpud
      Dec-23 6:23:27 PM Starting Plug-In UPBSpud loaded in 1601 milliseconds
      Dec-23 6:23:27 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin UPBSpud started successfully in 353 milliseconds
      Dec-23 6:23:27 PM UPBSpud INFO UPBSpud version 3.0.0.50
      Dec-23 6:23:27 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin UPBSpud ...
      Dec-23 6:23:27 PM Info Plugin UPBSpud has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49838

Comment

In your .upe file you have devices with id=251 (Christmas,Keypad) and id=252 (Ali's Bedroom,Keypad)
        The UPB specs I have say that valid ids for devices are 1 - 250, this is the cause of the error, but I don't know if this is something new in the UPB protocol or something specific to your network.
        Is there something special with these 2 devices?

Comment

I can move them. They are virtual keypads only that appear in the GUI of the PGW apps. Nothing else needs to act on them. It was a covenient out of the way place to put them and the actual physical other keypads are just below them in their address as 250 and below. I have tried to group similar devices and preassigned addresses for additional rooms and devices and the virtual addresses aren't really anywhere except in the GUI. They have worked fine there and I gave it little additional thought. I did have a passing thought that those could be related to this issue but never acted on that. I thank you again for your time. It would be grand if someone could put together a PDF doc of all of this for all to see. I would be happy to help but obviously I don't know enough to provide anything near a complete document that could be quite large. I am exploring Spud in part due to the apparent longevity issue concerning the OmniPro II and have hope for the new HS4 functionality and GUI.. The PGW has the most of my family member acceptance concerning its GUI. Control of the PGW by Alexa is a real attractive option. If my OmniPro II panel should fail the Spud/PGW might be my best path for UPB and using some other panel for alarm points.

Comment

OK, Got the virtual keypads moved, created a new .upe file, loaded it and Spud started and things work. Thanks again. I did notice in the log an interesting bit. The PGW treats the devices as individuals unless they also send a link with the device rocker. For those devices Spud in using the PGW cannot find them initially but later in the startup process finds the link. I do like that as activation of the link in Spud becomes more like the real system whereas turning on a device via the OmniPro II always sends a direct packet and sending a link requires creation of a button and a bit more if you want that button to toggle. Now I have some 248 devices listed that I need to reduce as I think the Zee may have some heartburn. And I need to determine what I want Alexa to see and control.

Comment

I do recall now why those two virtuals were put on 251 and 252. In a previous PGW firmware version it had a bug when doing an initial scan of devices since no real device existed. The scan always reported a file verses what was in the Gateway error for those virtual devices. Putting the virtuals on 251 and 252 provided a temporary work around since the scan never went there. That was fixed in a later release and no problem exists with that today. That's why 249 and 250 were vacant as I had just bumped them up a couple of addresses and now have returned them to 249 and 250. And thanks again for your quick and accurate response.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                In your .upe file you have devices with id=251 (Christmas,Keypad) and id=252 (Ali's Bedroom,Keypad)
                The UPB specs I have say that valid ids for devices are 1 - 250, this is the cause of the error, but I don't know if this is something new in the UPB protocol or something specific to your network.
                Is there something special with these 2 devices?
                Hi, Did this ever get adjusted? I have devices up to #255.
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Hi, Did this ever get adjusted? I have devices up to #255.
                  Thanks!

No this was never adjusted in the plugin.
                  I will make the change even though all the docs I can find say valid device ids must be in the 1-250 range. I will now assume valid range is 1-255

Comment

Thanks! Will you post notification of the update here?

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    No this was never adjusted in the plugin.
                    I will make the change even though all the docs I can find say valid device ids must be in the 1-250 range. I will now assume valid range is 1-255

Comment

version 3.0.0.54 is available as a beta version, please test and let me know.

Comment

Working...
                      X