Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3PRO and UPB. not updating to changes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HS3PRO and UPB. not updating to changes

    I can not get upb updates to show even though it imports. I have read this is an ongoing problem - why has it not been fixed. I am stuck now as I can not add/remove any devices from the original imported configuration. As everything I have is UPB (sorry folks - Z will not work in this case)and it is critical. Simply put- everything looks good on import - but no changes are actually made. I have the latest updates. Yes I can get it to update - IF I unload HS3 completely and reinstall . Not the best option!

    #2
    What kind of changes did you do? Adding devices should work just fine. To remove devices you just need to manually delete them in HS3.
    • Disable the UPBspud plugin in HS3.
    • Make your changes in Upstart
    • Export a new .upe file.
    • From HS3 device management page, delete the devices you have removed from your network.
    • Copy the new .upe file to your Config folder
    • Restart UPBSpud plugin and reimport the .upe file, it should create the new devices

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by hwalker View Post
      I can not get upb updates to show even though it imports.
      I've been using the plug-in for several years and have not seen that problem, nor am I aware of anyone else who has (after the initial learning curve).
      Can you be more specific about the updates that do not show up in HS?
      New devices will not show up in the Device Management list if the Room and/or Floor designations are not selected in the filter. (Both are likely to be blank for new entries.)

      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

      HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

      Comment


        #4
        Thank you. The only difference is that I change the name of the new export file to align with the revision. It took two times but worked as promised.

        Comment


          #5
          Correction - this only works if I change the ID number of a device. I had previously added a new device and inserted it in a position (ID) that was empty because of a device deletion in upstart. I gave the new device a new ID and this worked.
          Next test - I renamed / moved a existing device to a different "room" to group it with similar device operation - ex device in room "outside lte" to be in room "outside" with other devices with similar function. - it did not carry over despite following your instructions. I expected to see 2 devices with same name but with different "rooms" to which I would simply deleted the old one. That did not happen.

          Comment

          Working...
          X