Renaming device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renaming device

I renamed a device in Upstart and then remembered the UPB plugin won't change the name. I forgot what the name of the device was before I changed it. Is there a way I can trace the device to Homeseer based on the data in the UPE or UPB file?

Can you turn the device off and on a few times and look for the HS device that changed at the same times?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

It's a lamp module. Maybe I can set up a link in Upstart and control it with a switch. I'm thinking the status would be sent to HS. Thanks.

Comment

If the lamp module is programmed to report its status when it changes locally, then it should report its status if you use the lamp's switch to turn it on.
        (BTW, what do you use the lamp module for if you have no switches set up to control it?)
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I will eventually set it up with a switch but even without a switch I can control through HS and my Echo. I'm using a UPB lamp module that I had in my closet and didn't realize I had used it before.

Comment

Working...
          X