trouble with devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble with devices

I have an event "ALL OFF" that turns all of the lights off. Recently I've noticed a few of the UPB devices aren't turned off. See below. I've tried stopping and starting the plug in. I also updated with the latest UPSTART version. The funny thing is...in the morning if I find the lights on, I can run the "ALL OFF" event manually and it then turns off the devices that remained on. I can also turn them off individually with Homeseer and with UPSTART. It seems to be the same UPB devices. It's not all of them. Could it be the firmware in the devices? Or something else. I appreciate any help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	104
Size:	462.4 KB
ID:	1435119

Why not create a scene in Upstart that all the lights respond to by turning off? That way, you only need to activate the scene and the UPB hardware/firmware takes over. Another advantage is that the response will be nearly instantaneous. You could even have HS activate the scene more than once to be sure all the lights respond.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I have run into situations were sending multiple UPB commands from HS in a row with no pause in between can generate errors like you are seeing. An example is when HS starts up, all UPB devices are queried for their state (I think this is optional setting). There is a lot of traffic on the powerline while every device is queried and it responds. If I then start pushing buttons to turn lights on/off around the house, I will probably get an error as there are mutlitple transmissions going on from multiple places.

Uncle Michael's suggestion is a good one. This is a perfect example of when to use UPB Links. Once you set them up in UpStart, you just Activate the device that is created for the link. I set up as much interaction throughout the house that I can using links in order to make the house the least dependent upon HS as possible. Much faster.
      tenholde

Comment

This is common with UPB devices. Do you have a phase coupler in the electrical panel? It could also be something generating noise on the line. Use the test routines in upstart to test if the devices are getting a signal. I don't think it has anything to do with the plug-in.

Comment

Ditto on the single link to turn off all UPB devices..

I live in the boonies and have crappy power. Several times a month I'll have multiple
          lights (just some of the PCS ones, never the HAI or SA ones) just turn on all at once.
          All my HS Touch tablets and UPB keypad controllers have a button to activate the all off link.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
            X