Simply-Automated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply-Automated

Does anyone know if SA is still in business? Their website was down for a couple of days and now I don't get an answer.

I'm remodeling my kitchen and need new light switches. I have Z-Wave and UPB. I really like UPB. It works well and I like the option of having multiple buttons available for one switch to control scenes.

I may check out Pulseworx but they're so darned expensive.

I believe that Simply-Automated is gone. PulseWorx is the only UPB solution I am aware of. Their quality and reliability is much better than SA.

Comment

Originally posted by JB-dallas View Post
      I believe that Simply-Automated is gone. PulseWorx is the only UPB solution I am aware of. Their quality and reliability is much better than SA.
      Ditto on that. I have used PCS Lighting since back in the X10 days. They are top-notch and they are the inventor of the UPB protocol. Their products are Made In The USA. 👍👍👍

Comment

I got the web site and it looks normal.

Comment

I switched from SA to PCS. I do miss the dual load SA switches though.
          tenholde

Comment

I realize I am bumping an old thread, but it does appear that SAI is gone. I've had an order in with one of their resellers for months now and was told last week that they were informed that the products I had on order are discontinued. I asked for a complete list and here is what the retailer sent me as being discontinued:

SADKIT01 - Simply Automated SimplySmart UPB Dimmer Starter Kit
            SAUCSV0 - Simply Automated Anywhere Virtual Scheduler-Timer
            SAUMA25 - Simply Automated SimplySmart UMA25 Appliance Module
            SAUMAV0 - Simply Automated Anywhere Virtual Plug-In Appliance (Relay) Module

SAUS240 - Simply Automated UPB Universal Dimmer Switch Controller Base
            SAUS240 - Simply Automated UPB Universal Dimmer Switch Controller Base
            SAUS1140W - Simply Automated UPB Dimmer Wall Switch, 900W
            SAUS2V03 - Simply Automated Anywhere 3-Rocker Wall Switch
            SAV3WAYA - Simply Automated Anywhere 3-Way Wall Switch Kit
            SAUFR30 - Simply Automated UPB Relay Fixture Module, 12A
            SAUS140 - Simply Automated Single-Rocker UPB Dimmer Switch Controller Base
            SAUMA20W - Simply Automated UPB Heavy-Duty Plug-In Appliance Module, 15A
            SAUS2240 - Simply Automated UPB Universal Dual Dimmer Switch Controller Base

This literally is most of their bread and butter products. The retailer added that SAI have had problems with manufacturing (I assume China), but I also wonder if the company is cash strapped to the point that they can't afford to have stuff made. I know the owner died unexpectedly a few years and back and around that time or shortly afterward they moved their headquarters. As of now the SAI website is still up, but no one is answering their phones, and they are not responding to e-mail. Their site has a very old version of UPStart, so indeed it appears that no one is home. So sad...

So I too am switching to PCS and have my first two products on their way now.

Comment

Working...
            X