Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem choosing new UPE file in plugin config

Is anyone else struggling with this?

Recently added new UPB devices to my system. When I choose to edit my UPE file in the plugin config, nothing happens. "error" shows up on the browser tab.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Memkey View Post
    Is anyone else struggling with this?

Recently added new UPB devices to my system. When I choose to edit my UPE file in the plugin config, nothing happens. "error" shows up on the browser tab.

Thoughts?
    Just checked mine, the same problem. What version of HS are you on? Mine is V4.2.0.8

Comment

I'm guessing that is a bug in recent HS4 versions. I do not see an error in HS3.
      On the other hand, you shouldn't need to edit the .upe in HS when you add new devices. Did you move or give the .upe file a new name?
      If you do not change the name or location of the .upe file the plug-in should automatically detect changes to it and update HS devices accordingly. At least that's how it behaves in HS3.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        ... the plug-in should automatically detect changes to it and update HS devices accordingly...
        Side question. So if I add devices in UpStart and have the plugin rescan the file it ONLY will pick up the new devices? What if I changed the device names of existing devices after I first imported them, do I get duplicates? I had a lot of trouble after I did my first setup with the plugin and was never able to get any support. I also had to delete all my Scene/UPB Links from Upstart because I go so many devices created by the plugin that didn't make any sense. I don't want to hijack this thread so if you reply, please let's start a new one.
        Thanks!

Comment

I'm running 4.2.0.0 on windows 7 pro.

Thanks for the info. I figured as much about just renaming the file.
          Guess I just though this would be an easy bug to fix if there was anyone out there to do it.

D

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
            So if I add devices in UpStart and have the plugin rescan the file it ONLY will pick up the new devices?
            I think the plug-in will find any added devices whenever it starts. (The scan happens automatically.)

What if I changed the device names of existing devices after I first imported them, do I get duplicates?
            I don't know. Maybe make a simple change to one device and see what happens?

I had a lot of trouble after I did my first setup with the plugin and was never able to get any support. I also had to delete all my Scene/UPB Links from Upstart because I go so many devices created by the plugin that didn't make any sense.
            I just put the devices that I didn't want to see into their own location and mostly ignore them.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Memkey View Post
              I'm running 4.2.0.0 on windows 7 pro.

Thanks for the info. I figured as much about just renaming the file.
              Guess I just though this would be an easy bug to fix if there was anyone out there to do it.
              spud Do you know what the problem is?

Comment

I have had issues with changed devices in Upstart causing duplicates in HS using this plugin. If I am changing the name, I always delete the device from HS after updating Upstart and before restarting the plugin. The device is then recreated in HS properly.
                tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  spud Do you know what the problem is?
                  This is a bug in HS4, we are working on it (HS-1423)

Comment

This bug is fixed in HS 4.2.1.0
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...0-is-available

Comment

Working...
                    X