Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCS Dimmers Not Importing Correctly Into HomeSeer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techvet
    replied
    Originally posted by tenholde View Post
    Have you tried deleting the device from HS and then restarting the plugin to recreate the device?

I thought of that as I left the house this morning. So, deleting the devices and reimporting them was one of the first things I did when I got home. Sucess - Problem Solved!!

Uncle Michael... Yes, these were replacements of old SA switches (with the same IDs that were NOT set up to dim.) Apparently, HS did not refresh the devices with the correct info during the import, but deleting them and reimporting got everything straightened out. Lesson learned... if the switch configuration changes, then deleting the old device reimporting is the way to go.

Thanks to both of you for the replies.

Leave a comment:

• tenholde
    replied
    Have you tried deleting the device from HS and then restarting the plugin to recreate the device?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    I use PCS WS1DL-6 switches extensively and they all imported as dimmable without any problem. Did you replace SA switches with these? If so, were the SA switches also dimmable in HS?

Leave a comment:

• Techvet
    started a topic PCS Dimmers Not Importing Correctly Into HomeSeer.

PCS Dimmers Not Importing Correctly Into HomeSeer.

I am slowly transitioning my UPB devices from Simply Automated to PCS Pulsework. I don't enable dimming on most of my switches, but I have two new ones from PCS that are set-up to dim. They function correctly in UPStart and do respond to dimming commands from that interface or via UPB Links/Scenes called up by HomeSeer. However, I can't dim them directly from HomeSeer and they don't import into HomeSeer from the UPE file as being dimmable at all - just On/Off. Any ideas as to what's going on with the import?

BTW, I'm running HomeSeer HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 on a Windows 10 Pro box. I'm using UPStart 8.3 Build 21. The two switches in question are a PCS WS1DL-6 and a WS1E-3 ELV.
Working...
X