Linux CPU usage > 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux CPU usage > 100%

I've been having a problem where HS4 will slow to a crawl. When I check top/htop the CPU usage is pegged. If I disable the UPBSpud plugin the CPU usage subsides. However, if I enable it then it sometimes settles down, other times it goes back up. The only way to clear it (until it starts happening again) is to reboot the pc. Sometimes it will go for days without pegging the CPU. I have tried disabling the plugins one by one and verified it is the UPSSpud causing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Date/time=1/1/2022 8:03:31 PM EST
    Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.7.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version=
    License=Registered
    Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
    Uptime=0 Days 0 Hours 43 Minutes 26 Seconds
    Lan IP=192.168.1.78 (lenovo-homeseer)
    Device Count=992
    Event Count=138
    Plugins Enabled=drhsIpPlugIn:,IR Plugin:,BLLED:,UltraTivo3:,EasyTrigger:,BLBackup:,Z-Wave:,AK Weather:,SDJ-Health:,rnbWeather:,Pushover 3P:,SonyTV:,UPBSpud:
    Modules/Threads=123 Modules, 100 Threads
    Available Threads=399
    HomeSeer Memory Used=201 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=AK Weather 4.0.2.15,Big5HS4 3.7.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLLED 2.0.1.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLRussound 2.1.34.0,Device History 3.2.0.2,drhsIpPlugIn 0.0.0.31,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.75,IR Plugin 4.0.0.6,OMNI 3.0.2.23,Pushover 4.0.5.0,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.52,RaspberryIO 3.0.0.19,rnbWeather 4.2.0.1,SDJ-Health 3.1.0.8,SonyTV 3.0.0.6,SurveillanceStation 1.1.3.0,UltraTivo3 3.0.7956.26531,UPBSpud 3.0.0.54,weatherXML 3.0.1.19,Z-Wave 3.0.9.0

Like this? https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ems-to-be-down

Comment

Originally posted by pistacheL0 View Post
      yes, and as soon as I disabled the UPBSpud plugin the CPU stabilized. However, I will try what rjh suggested the next time the CPU pegs, I'll disable events. I am hoping(?) that the events that are running at that time stop? Because if I stop and reboot HS the problem clears for an indeterminate amount of time.

Comment

<Bumping> this because it's really causing me a lot of pain. I'm hoping spud will pick it up soon.

Comment

What kind of UPB interface are you using?
          When you run the top command, is it the HS4 process or the UPBSpud process that takes a lot of CPU?
          When this happens can you set the log level to debug in the UPBSpud config page and post what you get?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            What kind of UPB interface are you using?
            When you run the top command, is it the HS4 process or the UPBSpud process that takes a lot of CPU?
            When this happens can you set the log level to debug in the UPBSpud config page and post what you get?
            It's the USB Pim from PCSLighting.
            Top only shows "mono" as pegged. Not sure how to narrow it down to the UPBSpud plugin Suggestions?
            If I can maneuver the OS when it's hung up, sure I'll grab the debug logs.

Thanks!

Comment

Use 'htop' rather than 'top' to reveal what program is running under each mono process.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                Use 'htop' rather than 'top' to reveal what program is running under each mono process.
                thanks, will do 👍

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

thanks, will do 👍
                  Aside from pegging the CPU, frequently the plugin stops working. Below is what I'm getting when the plugin stalls. I have to disable and re-enable it in order to get it working again. The PIM was bought this year specifically for UPBSpud so it's not an old piece of equip and likely has the most current firmware in it. Any insight would be appreciated!

1/23/2022 10:38:53 AM
                  Legacy-Plugin
                  UPBSpud
                  ERROR PIM_SEND:: ERROR: Unable to send message ID 1 [07140124FF3091] to PIM -- timed out 5 times -- discarding message

1/23/2022 10:38:08 AM
                  Legacy-Plugin
                  UPBSpud
                  ERROR PIM_SEND:: ERROR: Unable to send message ID 12 [08140124FF22009E] to PIM -- timed out 5 times -- discarding message

Comment

Working...
                  X