Half of my UPB devices unresponsive after last update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half of my UPB devices unresponsive after last update

Anyone else having issues? 15 or of 30 devices are not recognized by UpStart and HS4 after last update. Not saying UPB (Spud) is the culprit, just want to know if anyone has the same issue, or advice on how to fix the problem.

Thx!

Originally posted by Memkey View Post
    Anyone else having issues? 15 or of 30 devices are not recognized by UpStart and HS4 after last update. Not saying UPB (Spud) is the culprit, just want to know if anyone has the same issue, or advice on how to fix the problem.

Thx!
    Specifically, which update? HS4, SpudUPB? Are you on Windows, Linux? Best go to "Tools->Help->Copy Section for Forum Posts" and reply here with that info.

Comment

Thanks - Updated HS4 to HS4Pro. Updated UPB spud plugin during that process. Some devices are unreachable in HS4 and UpStart. Could be a hardware issue with the PIM, I suppose, so another is on order.

Date/time=2/27/2022 6:46:15 AM Pacific Standard Time
      Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.8.0 (Windows)
      License=Registered
      Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.json
      In Virtual Machine=No MFG: intel corporation
      Antivirus=Windows Defender
      OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      OS Version=10.0.19043
      Uptime=0 Days 14 Hours 33 Minutes 7 Seconds
      Lan IP=10.0.1.52 (Memkeland-PC)
      Device Count=734
      Event Count=121
      Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1 at 1.49 GHz
      Modules/Threads=157 Modules, 103 Threads
      Available Threads=1023
      System Load=206 Processes, 30% Load
      Free/Total Memory=4.43 GBytes / 7.92 GBytes (56% free)
      Free/Total Virtual Memory=12.35 GBytes / 15.92 GBytes (78% free)
      HomeSeer Memory Used=156 Mbytes
      Plugin Memory Used=14 EXE Plug-Ins using 538 Mbytes
      Plugins Installed=BLShutdown 1.0.5.0,Chromecast 4.0.18.0,Ecobee 3.0.0.37,JowiHue 2.1.2.1,LG ThinQ 4.0.21.0,Life360 3.0.0.326,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.52,rnbWeather 4.2.0.0,SmartThings 4.0.16.0,Sonos 3.1.0.57,Tuya 4.0.35.0,UPBSpud 3.0.0.54,Z-Wave 3.0.9.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

Yup, I would suspect the PIM since you can't get to the devices in UpStart. Are you using the same PIM for US and HS? If not, I'd try unplugging one of them and then test the other and then reverse and try again. Just to rule out a bad PIM flooding the powerline with noise.

Thanks - Updated HS4 to HS4Pro. Updated UPB spud plugin during that process. Some devices are unreachable in HS4 and UpStart. Could be a hardware issue with the PIM, I suppose, so another is on order.

Date/time=2/27/2022 6:46:15 AM Pacific Standard Time
        Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.8.0 (Windows)
        License=Registered
        Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.json
        In Virtual Machine=No MFG: intel corporation
        Antivirus=Windows Defender
        OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
        OS Version=10.0.190
        Uptime=0 Days 14 Hours 33 Minutes 7 Seconds
        Lan IP=10.0.1.52 (Memkeland-PC)
        Device Count=734
        Event Count=121
        Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1 at 1.49 GHz
        Modules/Threads=157 Modules, 103 Threads
        Available Threads=1023
        System Load=206 Processes, 30% Load
        Free/Total Memory=4.43 GBytes / 7.92 GBytes (56% free)
        Free/Total Virtual Memory=12.35 GBytes / 15.92 GBytes (78% free)
        HomeSeer Memory Used=156 Mbytes
        Plugin Memory Used=14 EXE Plug-Ins using 538 Mbytes
        Plugins Installed=BLShutdown 1.0.5.0,Chromecast 4.0.18.0,Ecobee 3.0.0.37,JowiHue 2.1.2.1,LG ThinQ 4.0.21.0,Life360 3.0.0.326,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.52,rnbWeather 4.2.0.0,SmartThings 4.0.16.0,Sonos 3.1.0.57,Tuya 4.0.35.0,UPBSpud 3.0.0.54,Z-Wave 3.0.9.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

Had two PIMs going on the system. USB for UpStart and serial for HS4. Made the mistake of updating UpStart to the latest version and now it won't recognize my old serial PIM, so I can't test that by itself. Tried with just the USB PIM, same outcome.

Comment

Had two PIMs going on the system. USB for UpStart and serial for HS4. Made the mistake of updating UpStart to the latest version and now it won't recognize my old serial PIM, so I can't test that by itself. Tried with just the USB PIM, same outcome.
            What was the version of UpStart that worked? I might have one on hand for you to revert to.

Comment

PCS has both version 8.3 and 8.1 available for download on their web site. Are you using PCS switches, SA, a mix?
              Do you have a coupler or a repeater?
              Moving your PIM to a different circuit might allow you to reach the devices you are not able to reach now.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The last version of UpStart that worked was 8.1, but I was using the USB PIM to communicate. Just tried UpStart version 8.1 with the serial PIM and got the "your powerline interface is out of date message". There are 29 SA devices, one PCS relay and a SA phase coupler. Moving the USB interface to a different outlet has some effect. Seems like every time UpStart verifies the devices it comes up with a different result.

Comment

I have UpStart distribution of version 5.2B23 if that would help
                  tenholde

Comment

Thanks tenholde! I'd like to try 5.2. to see if it is a hardware problem.

Comment

Thanks tenholde! I'd like to try 5.2. to see if it is a hardware problem.
                      I just sent you an HS message
                      tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post

I just sent you an HS message
                        Never mind, just go to: http://tenholder.net/setup.zip

tenholde

Comment

The last version of UpStart that worked was 8.1, but I was using the USB PIM to communicate. Just tried UpStart version 8.1 with the serial PIM and got the "your powerline interface is out of date message". There are 29 SA devices, one PCS relay and a SA phase coupler. Moving the USB interface to a different outlet has some effect. Seems like every time UpStart verifies the devices it comes up with a different result.
                          Given that pattern, my first suspect would be your phase coupler. You could start by making sure it is securely connected to both phases, but you could also replace it to see if that has any effect.

The "out of date" message is just informational, I think, to be sure you know a later version is available. Does UpStart 8.1 run if you ignore the message?
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks tenholde, that version gave me the same "PIM out date" message and the problem continues. I will try the new serial PIM when it arrives and see if that solves (at least) that problem.

It is definitely some kind of communication issue with both UpStart(USB) and HS4(rs232).

This system has been reliable for over 10 years. The perplexing thing is the problem persists across different applications, both USB and serial PIMs while comm tests show zero noise in the system.

Memkey

Comment

Disconnected the old SAI USB PIM and Installed a new Pulsewox serial PIM.
                              Problems solved. UpStart works as expected.
                              Thanks for everyone's help on this!

Comment

Working...
                              X