Trigger event on double tap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger event on double tap?

Does anyone know if it is possible to trigger an event on the double tap of a switch? I am using the generic UPB driver but would switch to this one if it allowed that, and if it is still being supported. My UPB controller is connected to an HS3 server. Thanks.

Using UpStart, you set a specific link to be activated when the switch is double-tapped. Then you set up the HS event to fire when the link is activated.
    tenholde

Comment

tenholde That's what I thought. I went into Upstart, created a scene, then went into the switch in question. I was thinking I could click down on the Top Super Rocker Double Tap dropdown and select a scene? But everything is greyed out. I tried programming and verifying the device. I must be doing something wrong? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	94
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1573595‚Äč

Comment

Change mode to Custom
        tenholde

Comment

tenholde Change mode to custom where? In Upstart - I went through the program top to bottom and see no option for custom? In the plugin? I mentioned that I am using the generic UPB but could switch to Spud plugin if needed, and it is still supported/working. Thanks

Comment

When you define your switch to upstart in order to define double click action you should define the kind of button as custom, not top/bottom rocker
            tenholde

Comment

tenholde Got it. So presumably I need to delete the switch, currently set as a top/button and re-add it as a custom switch. Since my system is up and running I want to be sure before I start messing with it. Thanks.

Comment

I use upbspud. I stop plugin. Delete the hs device to be modified, run upstart to modify device, close upstart and restart plug-in which should add the modified device
                tenholde

Comment

Working...
                X