Plug In crashing latest version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug In crashing latest version

The plug in seems to crash and I send in the error reports when prompted. HS3 is also crashing and I cant tell if its from this plug in or if HS3 is crashing causing the plug in to crash.

I will try disabling the plug in and see if HS3 still crashes. Just a heads up post something may be amiss.

HS3 still crashed. Not sure if that is why your plugin is sending in error reports as well.

Comment

if HS3 crashes as well, there is good chances that is the reason for the plugin crash.

windows error report are most of the time useless to me. If you can get a debug log of of what happens just before the crash, that may be more helpful.

Comment

I finally caught the UPB Plugin crashing before HS3 crashed. In the installed plug ins page next to the UPB plug in I get a message in red that states:

**FATAL**:Failed getting inerfacestatus from the UPBSPUD-interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

Not sure if that helps you.

Now as I was typing this message HSTOuch came up with a similar message and then it went back to OK.

Very strange.

Running the latest HS3Pro version and Blue Iris, HS Touch Server, UltraM1G3, UPBSpud and Zwave latest Beta.

The log is empty and the Hometroller is running extremely slow. Noting installed on the hometroller but HS3 and Chrome and Upstart. Upstart is not running.
        Last edited by Digger1; August 7, 2014, 09:02 PM.

Comment

when for some reason HS3 lose connection with a plugin, it tries to restart it, it seems that's what happens here. Can you see that in your logs?

I fixed a crash in the UPB plugin when the plug in is shut down. Please install and test version 3.0.0.13 available here

Also when the plugin is restarted by HS3 you may face this bug. A simple workaround is to force the COM port from the ini file by adding those lines to UPBSpud.ini

Code:
          [PIM]
          com_port=COM1
          that being said I still think you probably have a problem with HS3 as this is not normal that the connection is lost, and from your description it seems to affect other plugins as well.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            when for some reason HS3 lose connection with a plugin, it tries to restart it, it seems that's what happens here. Can you see that in your logs?

I fixed a crash in the UPB plugin when the plug in is shut down. Please install and test version 3.0.0.13 available here

Also when the plugin is restarted by HS3 you may face this bug. A simple workaround is to force the COM port from the ini file by adding those lines to UPBSpud.ini

Code:
            [PIM]
            com_port=COM1
            that being said I still think you probably have a problem with HS3 as this is not normal that the connection is lost, and from your description it seems to affect other plugins as well.

Thank you very much for such a quick response. I will try the test version as soon as I can but about to go away for a week. Might try and delay be a day to see if I can get HS3 to stay running.

Yes HS3Pro may have a problem I agree. Its hard to figure out as my log gets dumped it seems. I suspect that some plugins actually restart and others dont and at some point HS3 just becomes unrepsonsive. Also the longer HS3 runs the slower it gets until I restart it (or it just stops). I disabled BL Locks and the Blue Iris plug ins last night as they are not critical. But the problems started before Blue Iris was added.

Again appreciate your help we will see where to go from here.

Comment

Working...
            X