Link names missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link names missing?

When the plugin does the import it seems like it misses the names of the links. When I go to create an event that would trigger a link, all I can see in the devices to control (as far as links go) is a bunch of link numbers. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

just tested this again, and the links name are correctly imported for me, I can see them in both the device management screens and from an event, see screenshots below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	links_name.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1174813

Click image for larger version

Name:	upb_event.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1174814

do you see your links names in the device management screen?

Comment

Spud,
      You're right! for whatever reason, my UPB file is missing link names! I did a fresh install on a new computer, installed UpStart, recreated my network by putting one of my devices into setup mode...apparently it didn't recreate the link names. arg! any ideas?
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure but I think the link names are only stored in the network file (upb file) not in the device itself.

So, when recreating your network it can't get the link names, your only solution is to rename the links manually, or to find one of your old upb file and copy it to your new computer.

Comment

I Found my old UPB file. How do I fix it now? if I tell the plugin to import the new file, will it automatically delete the old devices it created, then recreate the new ones? or do I need to manually delete them manually?

Thanks,

Ian
          Plugins:

Comment

You need to manually delete the Devices, then import the new file

Comment

Working...
            X