UPBSpud Device Error when checking status on SA-UMI-32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPBSpud Device Error when checking status on SA-UMI-32

When I use the UPB Action: Poll Device State the two SA UMI-32 modules return
    Error Device(28) :: Unknown channel report for devices (channel 3) ---ignored.

Device 27 & 28 are UMIs, as far as I know this device has only 2 channels not 3? Receive Ch1 and Receive Ch2.

I turned on debug logging & issued a poll to both devices, please see attached.
    Attached Files

this device works very differently from any other UPB devices. It has 2 outputs and 3 inputs, when it report it status all outputs are supposed to come in channel 1 and all inputs in channel 2, I'm not sure why it sends a report for channel 3 but let's confirm first that channel 1 and 2 work as I think.

so please tell me if when you activate some inputs or outputs in one of this module and then poll from HS, do the device status are updated correctly?

Comment

Not sure exactly what you wanted but I created an event that activates one input and one output link on one of my UMI-32s, I followed this by a UPB:Poll Device State.

As you can see from the before and after snapshots of the Device List page, the Link devices' status was updated but not the device status. This is similar to my questions in my other post where I don't see consistent status updates in the pugin.

The lights did turn on and the garage door did open.
      Attached Files

Comment

additional info on UMI-32

Spud, I was just on the phone with SA tech support regarding another issue and mentioned about the channel 3 error.

He gave me a link with more detailed information regarding the UMI-32 and other products that may be useful to you. (you may already have this)

http://www.simply-automated.com/tech_specs/

He mentioned to look at Report Status section 6.4 of the UMI-32 Doc
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the link and docs. It confirm what I thought and I think the plugin behave correctly.

In your logs I can see that the Output 1 is set to active for a very short period of time (1 second), that's why you don't see any change on the device screen. The device (Overhead Garage Dr Ch 1) is set to On and set back to Off quickly after that (I can see that the last change date has been updated), which I think is the correct behavior, i.e an output device has it status to On as long as the circuit is closed which is by default 1 second according to the guide for this device.

As for inputs, I see you have the input-3 connected to a Bell ring, so if you ring this bell long enough you should see the status of this device set to On as long as the bell is triggering the input.

I don't know why the report status comes with 3 channels instead of 2, but I think we can ignore the 3rd one safely.

Does that makes sense?

Comment

Spud,

1- It makes sense for the Ch1 Overhead Garage Dr, since a garage door opener is momentary, we see both the Link & Device status time/date updated and you are saying that the device status shows Off (light bulb off) because it turned on/off quickly. OK

2-The Input #3 Bell Ring Detect which I tested for you by issuing an activate command, not physically ringing the bell. You see the Link's time/date is updated but not the Device's time/date. The device time/date should also have been updated, yes?

Update I just tested this by actually ringing the Bell and the Device and Link time/date status was updated. I also had my wife watch the On/Off status lightbulb and she said it came on/off quickly (wives as such good sports putting up with us) So I guess just using the activate event wasn't long enough to work but physically ringing the bell did it.

Also and this is part of what confuses me, the link status still shows activated for both (after the fact) while the device status shows Off,(light bulb off) which is correct?

If I am away from home & look at my IPhone HSTouch, what should I look at to determine the current state of the device? Device or Link status? Also which to test against in an Event?

3-I'm ok ignoring the channel 3 error since it doesn't seem to affect anything other than the log.
            Thanks
            Last edited by rayvino; February 5, 2015, 03:33 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by rayvino View Post
              2-The Input #3 Bell Ring Detect which I tested for you by issuing an activate command, not physically ringing the bell. You see the Link's time/date is updated but not the Device's time/date. The device time/date should also have been updated, yes?
              no I don't think the input device should have been updated, the input when activated, triggers the link, but when the link is triggered by another way it doesn't have any impact on the input device.

Update I just tested this by actually ringing the Bell and the Device and Link time/date status was updated. I also had my wife watch the On/Off status lightbulb and she said it came on/off quickly (wives as such good sports putting up with us) So I guess just using the activate event wasn't long enough to work but physically ringing the bell did it.

again, I don't think the input device should be set to On unless someone physically ring the bell

Also and this is part of what confuses me, the link status still shows activated for both (after the fact) while the device status shows Off,(light bulb off) which is correct?
              I think both are correct: the input device showing off means noone is currently ringing the bell , and the link status showing activated means the last command seen on the network for this link was an Activate command.

If I am away from home & look at my IPhone HSTouch, what should I look at to determine the current state of the device? Device or Link status? Also which to test against in an Event?
              I guess what you want to know is the actual status of the garage door (open or close), unfortunately I think neither the input device status nor the link status can give you this information.

Comment

Thanks Spud, For the garage door, I put a magnetic contact on the garage door which is monitored by my DSCSpud so I see the Alarm Zone open/closed in HSTouch.

I guess the Link Status of any device in the plugin shows only the last Activate/Deactivate command and I need to monitor the device status for lights, etc. for the current status of the device.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X