BLINK Action missing from Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLINK Action missing from Links

UPB links have the ability to command the target device to BLINK.

In the HS2 plugin, BLINK was a selectable action. The UPB value for blink is 16 in the specification. The UPB specification supports the ability to also specify the blink rate in the link command. In the HS2 plugin, you specified via the .ini file a universal blink rate that was used for all links.

In HS2, when my home alarm sounded, I sent a blink command to a link that was targeted (via UpStart) to all of the outside lights and others that I wanted blinking while the alarm was sounding. When the alarm was silenced, I would restore each of these devices to their prior state (non-trivial).

So, would you consider adding a BLINK action/value for the link devices?

Thanks,

tenholde
    tenholde

yes I will add Blink to the Links devices. I will let you know when it's done.

Comment

Thanks
      tenholde

Comment

in version 3.0.0.21
        I have added the Blink feature for both links and devices
        You can choose the blink rate from the UPBSpud config page

For the Blink button/status to be added to your devices, you need to delete your existing devices, and let the plugin recreate them after a restart.

Comment

Appears to work correctly, thanks for the quick response.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            in version 3.0.0.21
            I have added the Blink feature for both links and devices
            You can choose the blink rate from the UPBSpud config page

For the Blink button/status to be added to your devices, you need to delete your existing devices, and let the plugin recreate them after a restart.
            Hey Spud,

I am curious for curious sake. Is there no way to add the functionality to existing devices when making these changes to the plug-in? I only ask because deleting and re-adding to add features such as this will have me trying to locate/fix 100+ Events, Counter and Timers, not to mention all of the HSTouch broken links etc. I figure that if it could be done to add it to existing objects you would have programmed it that way but was curious to know.

Thanks,

-Travis

Comment

Oops, I didn't even think to check my events.

Yeah, that's not so good.

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                Oops, I didn't even think to check my events.

Yeah, that's not so good.

tenholde
                So, I had to change more than 40 Events, with a high degree of confidence that I broke something.

tenholde
                tenholde

Comment

Yeah, I am curious if it has to be this way, that's why I asked. Spud is awesome though so he'll come back with an answer. Even if it can't be done, he sometimes will suggest things to HS Development that will allow him more flexibility etc so there could be hope in the future. Even some import/export routine would be fine. Some of my events are even using variables from his EasyTrigger plug-in (another awesome plug-in) so trying to even figure out what the heck I was doing with what variable replacement would be hard to figure out.

-Travis

Comment

Always thought it was a weakness in HS2/3 to rely on DevRef for Event references.

None of my scripts break, because I use the Device Floor/Room/Name to get the DevRef.

Just as I was becoming less reliant on scripts and placing more into the more flexible HS3 events, I find a reason to rethink and place more in scripts.

tenholde
                    tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                      Yeah, I am curious if it has to be this way, that's why I asked. Spud is awesome though so he'll come back with an answer. Even if it can't be done, he sometimes will suggest things to HS Development that will allow him more flexibility etc so there could be hope in the future. Even some import/export routine would be fine. Some of my events are even using variables from his EasyTrigger plug-in (another awesome plug-in) so trying to even figure out what the heck I was doing with what variable replacement would be hard to figure out.

-Travis
                      yes it can be done, it is just more complicated to deal with on my side .
                      I will make the changes so that the new blink features can be added to your devices without the need to delete anything.

Comment

Hi Spud,

Great, that's perfect. I'm glad there is a solution so we don't have to redo everything. Appreciate all the effort so much so that I think I'll buy the iTunesDAAP Plug-in from you now even though I still haven't tested the Forked-DAAPD server at all yet!!

Thanks again,

-Travis

Comment

done in version 3.0.0.22, HS devices are now automatically upgraded.

Comment

Hi Spud,

I installed the upgrade and it looks like it installed and upgraded the devices fine. I haven't tested the functionality yet though. Unfortunately, all of my devices were using custom icons as well and I lost all of those. For instance, light bulb icons are now the On Button. Is there any way to prevent that as well in the future or is that something we will need to deal with?

Thanks,

-Travis

Comment

Release not in updater

Homeseer updater shows 3.0.0.18 as the most recent version. How do I get more recent releases?

Comment

Working...
                              X