Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issue with UMI sensor

Hi;
    I get the following sequence of messages whenever I trigger one of the inputs on my UMI 3in/2out sensors. I think everything is working correctly but the error message in the sequence regarding channel 3 concerns me. Since the channel 3 device seems to changes correctly. But I also notice the values seems slow to update---is that normal with this device? I have them programmed to send link commands and those events trigger immediately, but the device status lingers for a long time in the old state (for channels 2 and 3, so I don't think this is related to the error message in the log).

I have set it up now to have a virtual device that is turned on and off based on events triggered by activate and deactivate commands---those devices respond immediately, but the In 2 and In 3 devices created by the plug-in frequently lag (and sometimes never change).

Any explanatiojn? Or shall I just ignore the native devices and use the events and the devices triggered by those events?

Oct-15 3:05:56 PM UPBSpud ERROR DEVICE[86]:: Unknown channel report for device (channel 3) -- ignored

Oct-15 3:05:56 PM UPBSpud DEBUG IO_DEVICE[86]:: Got PIM based STATUS report -- LEVEL=255, CHANNEL=3

Oct-15 3:05:56 PM UPBSpud DEBUG IO_DEVICE[86]:: Got PIM based STATUS report -- LEVEL=0, CHANNEL=2

Oct-15 3:05:56 PM UPBSpud DEBUG IO_DEVICE[86]:: IS_SENSOR_ACTIVE: SENSOR=2, IS_ACTIVE=True

Oct-15 3:05:51 PM UPBSpud DEBUG IO_DEVICE[86]:: Got PIM based STATUS report -- LEVEL=6, CHANNEL=1

Oct-15 3:05:51 PM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU0A041B0056860600FFF6]

Oct-15 3:05:51 PM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_RCVR:: Message already received and treated -- message ignored

Oct-15 3:05:51 PM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU0A051B0056860400FFF7]

I get the following during import for the same UMI device:

Oct-15 9:53:30 PM UPBSpud ERROR DEVICE[10]:: Unknown channel report for device (channel 3) -- ignored

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

this UMI 3in/2out is a very special device, when it reports its state, it uses channel 1 to report the states of the 3 inputs and channel 2 to report the states of the 2 outputs.

For example this log line "Got PIM based STATUS report -- LEVEL=6, CHANNEL=1" means inputs 2 and 3 are ON and input 1 is OFF (because 6 is 110 in binary)

as far as I know channel 3 does not have any meaning, so if everything is working correctly I would just ignore this error.

Regarding the slowness of the update, I think I know what is causing it, I will provide a fix for you to test soon.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.26 available here, the "Unknow channel" error is now only reported at Debug level because I think it can be ignored
        and I added a fix for the lag you saw when the devices status are updated.

please test and let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X