Commands not sending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commands not sending

I am trying to move from HS2 to HS3 using this plugin for UPB control. The issue I am having is that UPB commands are not sent if the real world status of a UPB switch is out of sync with HS Status.

I am using a Simply Automated UTR three phase repeater in a somewhat noisy office electrical environment. Commands sent from the UTR to devices are 99.8% reliable however. The status change info from the switch to HS less so. Also the polling requests from the plugin often return an incorrect checksum. This is not a major concern to me.

The problem is if HS shows a light as off ( it is on in actuality ) it will not send an off command to the light until you send an on command first. It will not send an off command to the device if HS thinks it's off. The same situation for on commands too.

Any suggestions to overcome this situation?

I could add an option so that the plugin always sends the message no matter what, but if I were you I would investigate why the messages from UTR to devices are 99.8% reliable but messages from devices to UTR are not, this is strange. In UPStart for each UPB device you can specify the max number of transmission attempts, what is it set to for your devices? have you tried to increase it?

Was it working with the HS2 plugin? does the HS2 plugin always send the message even if it thinks this is not necessary?

Comment

For me that would be a great option. I don't know about for others. The electrical environment is periodically very noisy as it is commercial. I think the UTR probably transmits a stronger signal than do the devices. Also many of the polling checksums come back different than they should which I assume are being corrupted by noise. Fortunately for me commands to devices are pretty reliable. Thanks for posting back so quickly.

Comment

ok I will try to add that option, but please answer my other questions:

In UPStart for each UPB device you can specify the max number of transmission attempts, what is it set to for your devices? have you tried to increase it?

with the HS2 plugin, your device status were correct? or did you have the same problem except that the plugin was always sending commands no matter what?

Comment

Working...
        X