Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spud
    replied
    it's asynchronous, the action won't wait for the result of the state request

Leave a comment:

• pete@malibubeach.com
    replied
    That should help---one thing: is poll device state a synchronous action or is it asynchronous (i.e. if there are additional event actions do they happen immediately or do they wait for the event state to be returned?)?

Leave a comment:

• pete@malibubeach.com
    replied
    That should help---one thing: is poll device state a synchronous action or is it asynchronous (i.e. if there are additional event actions do they happen immediately or do they wait for the event state to be returned?)?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    yes you can either

(1) use the "UPB Action > Poll Device State" from an event

or

(2) select the device you want to poll from the device management page then click the "Poll devices for status" button

Leave a comment:

• pete@malibubeach.com
    started a topic Polling devices

Polling devices

Is there a way to get your plug-in to poll a device for current status. This relates back to my pool level sensor and the messages I seem to be missing sometimes. When my event decides the pool needs water, I'd like to poll the sensor to make sure it is really low. A missed message caused me to overfill the pool the other day, and while I think I fixed that problem (I now key off the device status rather than the link activate/deactivate it sends), an all-around better approach would be to poll the UMI32 periodically.
Working...
X