Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import of file gives errors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • spud
    replied
    I sent you the upe file with manual changes by email

    FYI, they are going to change back the number of channels to 4 for these devices in the next version of upstart to avoid breaking existing app like my plugin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Overst
    replied
    manual modification

    If possible I need to manually modify it. When I did the import that got the error it seemingly corrupted my UPB database in homeseer.

    When I try to control some devices now which worked before and are not the fan controllers I get device not found errors in the log, so the system is currently not operational.

    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • spud
    replied
    I asked my UPB contact, and the answer is that the SA UCQ product line was not handled correctly. The product ids 50, 51, and 52 (scene and fan controllers) are largely keypad but were not treated as such in the export file. So changes have been made which break the current plugin when it tries to import these devices.

    I will fix it but it could take some time as I'm in the middle of a bigger change to support the new pulseworx gateway.

    In the meantime I could help you to manually modify the export file to workaround this problem Let me know if you can wait for the next version of the plugin or not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Overst
    replied
    Version 41 did not fix the issue

    UPE prepared with version 41 gives the same error. I emailed you my UPB file.

    Leave a comment:


  • Overst
    replied
    reply

    Yes it is the fan controller.

    I will download build 41 now and see what happens.

    Leave a comment:


  • spud
    replied
    is UCQF-W the new product you have recently installed: http://www.simply-automated.com/prod...ller_white.php ?

    you seem to have a few of those in your upe file and the problem is that the export file says this device has only 1 channel when it should be 4.

    another user is using the same device and it was importing fine, see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175311

    so, my feeling is that it is a bug in the new version of upstart. The release notes say they fixed something in build 38 related to this device (product id= 52)
    http://www.pcslighting.com/resources...are/Readme.txt

    could you install build 41, and see if you have the same problem
    http://www.pcslighting.com/pulseworx...rces#resources

    if you still have the problem please send me your .upb file.
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Overst
    replied
    UPE File

    I emailed you my UPE file. Version is 8 Build 38.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Leave a comment:


  • spud
    replied
    could you send me your .upe file at spud.webb.4@gmail.com or zip it and post it here ?

    Is it upstart version 8?

    Leave a comment:


  • Overst
    started a topic Import of file gives errors

    Import of file gives errors

    I have been using your plugin for a long time and today when Ineeded to update my UPE data I received an error for the first time ever.

    The error from the log is as follows:

    Jan-10 6:32:51 PM UPBSpud ERROR Import of UPStart file failed
    Jan-10 6:32:51 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPStart_IMPORT:: Error parsing UPB import file -- Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Jan-10 6:32:51 PM UPBSpud INFO Import of UPStart file started

    Hopefully you have a solution or something to try. I reexported the file from upstart several times and still get the same error.

    I am using upstart build 38 and version 3.0.0.29 of your plugin.
Working...
X