Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in UPB device actions in HS events

I believe I've found a bug:

I have several UPB plug-in modules. Most control lights; one controls an air filter.

If I use Upstart to set the plug-in module that controls the airfilter to not permit dimming, then when I attempt to set a 'device action' in an HS event for this device, the drop down list of actions includes several incorrect options ("All lights off", for example), and when I select elements from the drop down list, they are not correctly interpreted.

If I turn dimming back on (using Upstart), then I get only three device action options: On, Off, and Dim, which is correct.

Jerry

Sounds similar to a problem I experienced. Here is the discussion about that one. Is this the same problem?

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=107505

Comment

Yep, identical bug. I suppose I have to delete all such devices, have HS recreate them, then edit all events they participate in (sigh).

Jerry

Comment

Yes, it's a MAJOR headache since all your events that reference that device have to be modified (to add back the device action) after you delete and re-add the device. This is why I asked, in another thread, how to get a list of all events that reference a device. I want to know what events I have to fix after I have to delete and re-add a UPB device.

I thought Oman was working on a fix but I haven't seen one. Oman, are you reading this? It's very annoying to have to delete a UPB device, stop and restart HS so it will reimport the device from UPStart, and then modify numerous events that lost their reference to the device when it was deleted.

Comment

DC - I assume from Oman's comments in the other post you referenced that this problem is fixed in builds later than 1988, so therefore this correction process should only have to be executed once, not repeatedly?

Jerry

Comment

I'm running HS 1997 and UPB plugin 1.0.0.5 and still have the problem. Well, at least I think I do. I had to delete a device tonight and re-add it but I don't know when it was first created. I suppose it's possible it had been there since 1988 but there is no way to know.

Comment

The problem was a bug in HomeSeer when a plug-in created a device. There was a single build that would cause the device database to become corrupted. Any device created in that build had a 50% or so chance of having issues that could not be fixed without deleting the device and then recreating it in a later build of HomeSeer with the fix.

The plug-in has no way of accessing all the internals of HomeSeer so there is no way to detect if the device has an issue. Plus any events tied to the device could also we corrupted because the device was corrupted in the first place.

It happened to me a few dozen times before I could track the problem down and submit a reproducible problem report to the HS folks.

Jon

Originally posted by JKaplan
              DC - I assume from Oman's comments in the other post you referenced that this problem is fixed in builds later than 1988, so therefore this correction process should only have to be executed once, not repeatedly?

Jerry
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com
              (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
              X