Need instruction / how to doc on setting up outlets on UPB Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need instruction / how to doc on setting up outlets on UPB Plugin

Do you have a document or knowledge base on setting up UPB components in Homeseer with the UPB plugin? I can't seem to get them to show up. I'm trying to present this solution to a developer and may go BIG with the solution.

Thanks

I have not had to set up any UPB devices manually in HS.

You use UPstart to define your network and devices. Then, UPstart exports a .upe file that the HS plugin imports when HS starts up -- the plugin defines the devices (load devices, and link devices) from the exported .upe file.

Ed
    tenholde

Comment

There is no way to directly set up a UPB device in HomeSeer as noted by tenholde. there is a new version of the UPB plug-in posted here a couple weeks ago (V1.0.2.2) that helps a little, allowing you, from the UPB setup, to pause the UPB plug-in so you can run UPstart. UPstart must be separately downloaded and installed (free from PCS). It is the only way (at least the only way I've seen) to actually program you UPB devices. Then the UPB plugin reads the import file and creates the devices for you.

Or if you are using the plugin from the updater (1.0.0.1), you need to stop HomeSeer and run UPstart and then restart Hoomeseer.

Pete

Comment

Thanks, that did what I needed.

Comment

The plug-in is fully documented, just check the HomeSeer Docs folder for the file. It will explain how to get it all working.

Jon

Originally posted by techjanitor
          Thanks, that did what I needed.
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com
          (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
          X