UPB Switch question (flourescent light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB Switch question (flourescent light)

I have a bunch of UPB switches including a number of flourescent lights. They are all programmed as non-dimmable, and both the single touch and double touch commands are set to immediate on (which is really the only option with no dimming). So here's the questin: one of my lights is probably about to die (or maybe the ballast is about to die). About half the time I try to turn it on, it only comes on to a faint glow. But this is onoy true when I hit the switch a single touch. If I double touch the swithch it ALWAYUS comes on fully. If the single touch and double touch are programmed the same, why do they behave differently?

Pete

Have you used UPStart to verify the programming data in the switch?

I have not seen this before at all. I use a fair number of flourescent lights in my house. I actually think I have the double-tap set to nothing since I never use it.

Jon

Originally posted by pete@malibubeach.com
    I have a bunch of UPB switches including a number of flourescent lights. They are all programmed as non-dimmable, and both the single touch and double touch commands are set to immediate on (which is really the only option with no dimming). So here's the questin: one of my lights is probably about to die (or maybe the ballast is about to die). About half the time I try to turn it on, it only comes on to a faint glow. But this is onoy true when I hit the switch a single touch. If I double touch the swithch it ALWAYUS comes on fully. If the single touch and double touch are programmed the same, why do they behave differently?

Pete
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Oman,
      Yes, it's programmed correctly! I have several flourescents and only this one behaves this way. Maybe I'll change out the switch to another identical flourescent fixture and see if the problem goes with the switch or stays with the fixture.
      Pete

Comment

I have one fluorescent light on a SA UPB switch. I have the switch set to non-dimming. I have single-tap and double-tap set to snap on. I can't tell any difference in the way single-tap and double-tap work. (I only set double-tap just so the light will still come on if someone accidently taps the switch twice).

Comment

I was just wondering if you had UPStart verify the EEProm settings. I Have have seen a bit go bonkers. It would be interesting to know if a replacement switch (of the exact same type) would have the same issue with the same light fixture.

Jon

Originally posted by pete@malibubeach.com
          Oman,
          Yes, it's programmed correctly! I have several flourescents and only this one behaves this way. Maybe I'll change out the switch to another identical flourescent fixture and see if the problem goes with the switch or stays with the fixture.
          Pete
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com
          (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

It looks okay---I'll switch it with another identical switch on another flourescent light (won't even have to reprogram them: the lights can change names for long enought to do a test). Let you know what I find (probably won't do it til the wekeend).

Pete

Comment

Working...
            X