Problem w/ Event Not Changing Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem w/ Event Not Changing Indicator

I'm having a problem with device change of one UPB keypad button triggering change of a button Indicator on another UPB keypad. I'm new to HS, so probably something obvious. The attached describes the problem (I hope).
    Attached Files

You didn't include much of the log. From what you have posted there was no request by HomeSeer to transmit a change command to keypad button 1 or at least there isn't one in your log snippet. Just two transmissions from button 3 on the first keypad. Include more of the log to be sure.

Jon

Originally posted by Jayhawk
    I'm having a problem with device change of one UPB keypad button triggering change of a button Indicator on another UPB keypad. I'm new to HS, so probably something obvious. The attached describes the problem (I hope).
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Thanks, Jon. (PE exchange)

I added an action to the Event to turn on a UPB dimmer in addition to turning a keypad indicator on.

I also changed the logging from Debug (where I had it set before) to Detailed.

Only change is that now neither the indicator nor the light come on when the Event fires.

Then I added a non-UPB action, Arm an HAI system. This action DID arm the alarm system when I pushed the upstairs keypad button. So it seems there is some problem only with the Event not being able to actuate UPB actions.

The PCS PIM is version 4.15.

Attached is the scenario and the detailed log. Hope this provides more information.
      Attached Files

Comment

The detailed log shows the problem. There are about 20 devices getting updated by the plug-in when you activate that link. In the middle of the plug-in updating those devices HomeSeer is issuing changes to the devices as well because of the event being fired. For each action there is one or more reaction and there is no way for the plug-in to know who instigated the device change.

This has been an issue since 2.0 came out, and there is no real good solution from a plug-in point of view. If you delay the activation of the event by even one second you should end up with things working properly.

Jon

Originally posted by Jayhawk
        Thanks, Jon. (PE exchange)

I added an action to the Event to turn on a UPB dimmer in addition to turning a keypad indicator on.

I also changed the logging from Debug (where I had it set before) to Detailed.

Only change is that now neither the indicator nor the light come on when the Event fires.

Then I added a non-UPB action, Arm an HAI system. This action DID arm the alarm system when I pushed the upstairs keypad button. So it seems there is some problem only with the Event not being able to actuate UPB actions.

The PCS PIM is version 4.15.

Attached is the scenario and the detailed log. Hope this provides more information.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Thanks, Jon...
          All the upb actions are now taking with the addition of a 1/2 second wait. This additional delay doesn't matter for these actions.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

Comment

Working...
          X