Setting up UPB 8 Button Keypad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up UPB 8 Button Keypad

This is my first run at UPB and Z-Wave I got the Z-Wave to work but I can not get the UPB keypads to work is a keypad at all.

I am using the UPB as a Keypad only (US2-40 Simply Automated) to control the Z-Wave switchies

I can not find a way to see the 8 buttons on the keypad in side of HomeSeer.

Thanks
    Last edited by ; May 27, 2006, 08:38 AM.

I assume you have the keypad programmed using UPStart . . . If not, you need to start there. The thing about UPB keypads is that they send (and if your keypead has leds in the buttojs, it responds to) so-called "link" commands. These are different than normal device on/off/dim commands. Typically, the buttons are programmed to send "link activate" or "link deactivate". Some, such as the lighted HAI devices, send both of those from the same button---push it once and it sends link activate; then push it a second time it sends: link deactivate".

The link device will be created (when you import the UPstart export file). they are found in a 'location' called UPB Device Link. There will be a device for each different link you created in UPstart--these have a different house code than the actual devices (but I think you said you don't have any UPB devices except the keypads so this is not important to you). The keypads have a number of different commands that you can program for each button---there are on, off, double tap on, double tap off, fade on, fade off---each of these could, conceivably refer to a different link. and they don't necessarily need to send activate or deactivate commands---those are just the norms.

Once you have your device programmed and the links imported into Homeseer, then you can simply set up events with a trigger based on the UPB link device name---if you select a UPB link device in the trigger menu, it will provide a list of link events --- all the events that a link device can be set to transmit.

Hope this helps,
    Pete

Comment

Still NO luck

I think that I am not getting the program right in side of Upstart who do I associate the buttons on the keypad in the Upstart so I can associate them in HomeSeer.

Comment

In UPStart you setup each button to transmit a unique link. Use the toggle mode for the button if you want on/off control. Then you export the UPStart file and restart HomeSeer (described in the plug-in docs). Then you will have the links in homeseer. The keypad will transmit Link Activate when the button is pressed and the LED is off, and then Link Deactivate when the LED is on.

Triggers can be set on the link devices to make other actions occur when the keypad buttons are pressed.

Jon

Originally posted by LightMaster1
        Still NO luck

I think that I am not getting the program right in side of Upstart who do I associate the buttons on the keypad in the Upstart so I can associate them in HomeSeer.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
        X