Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in UPStart export file

Can anyone tell me what this means:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/4/2006 5:14:52 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>UPB </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Writing new Error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\UPB Error Report.Log</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/4/2006 5:14:52 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing interface: UPB->Invalid or non-existant UPStart export file encountered, Preset Parse(4): System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.ReadAndParseUPBExportFile(String& FileName)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I added a couple devices with UPStart and this is what I get when I restart HS. Note that when I simply restart the UPB plug-in, I get an error that the com port is in use, as if I hadn't terminated UPstart (which I had), so I simply rebooted the computer. And, by the way, as you would expect, the new devices are not imported into HomeSeer.

Hetre is the "UPB error report. log" file:
    UPB Plug-in Error Log Generated 7/4/2006 5:14:52 PM
    -----------*Error Message*----------------
    Error: Invalid or non-existant UPStart export file encountered, Preset Parse(4): System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.ReadAndParseUPBExportFile(String& FileName) -- 7/4/2006 5:14:52 PM
    --------*Initialization Log*--------------
    7/4/2006 5:14:51 PM : Host System: HomeSeer*2.1.102.0
    7/4/2006 5:14:51 PM : RegisterCallback Completed
    7/4/2006 5:14:51 PM : Enter InitIO
    7/4/2006 5:14:51 PM : Attempting to load UPStart export file: C:\Program Files\UPB\Designs\28540pch.upe
    7/4/2006 5:14:51 PM : Parsing UPStart Export file...
    7/4/2006 5:14:52 PM : Problem with UPB export file record: 4,0,0,70,8,100,2
    7/4/2006 5:14:52 PM : ***:Invalid or non-existant UPStart export file encountered, Preset Parse(4): System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.ReadAndParseUPBExportFile(String& FileName)
    -----------*Pre-Error Log*----------------
    --------*End Pre-Error Log*--------------

Also, it leaves the export file locked (so I could not attach it to this post without stopping Homeseer---even pausing the plug-in did not free up the file! This is after a fresh system reboot, so it cannot be anything UPstart did (or didn't do). And once I stop the HS service and exit the control program, I can, in fact, acceess the file, which is attached here in case someone (Oman??) has the time or knowledge to help. By the way, the line referenced in the error message is a line from one of my new devices. I'll go find my UPB export documentation to remember what that line istrying to do, but I think it is defining the receive links.

By the way, I am running HS 2.1.102 and UPB plug-in 1.0.2.4

Thanks for any help!

Pete
    Attached Files

Mystery solved (sort of)

For some reason, the two new devices had only one '12' record, whereas all the other devices have 16 of them. I'm not even sure what these are as they are not in the version of the documentation I have (time to go back and update my docs, I guess).

Here is the process I went through. whiile not the best (and I woon't do it this way again, it seemed simple at the time.
    1. Created and configured the new devices with UPstart on my non-HS computer (I have two computers with PIMs).
    2. Once I was happy with them and their associated links, I paused the UPB plug-in on the HS compuer and startedf UPstart. I told UPstart to impoprt the two new devices and also copy the device info to the file for a couple others that I had changed. This should (in my mind) have made the files the same on both computers, except a link name which is called link084 on the HS computer (since links are only numbers on the device, the name could not transfer this way).

This is where I got the error messages in my previous post. and, also, HS/UPB plug-in refusing to relinguish the file.

3. So I went back into UPStart on the HS computer (without even connecting to the PIM). Looked at the device settings for the two new ones missing the '12' records. Saved the file. And exported the file. I also changed the link name of link084 to the correct name. this time, the export file had all the right records and it appears to have imported correctly.

Don't know why an extra file save and file export makes any difference, but I guess in the future the right solution is to not use the UPB network to transfer information from one instance of UPstart to another.

Pete

Comment

Working...
    X