Links Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links Question

I've been setting a couple of switches to Activate or Deactivate with double taps. I'm struggling a bit with this. I get it to work just fine, HS sees the double press fine but when i want to use it to trigger an event i have trouble with it retriggering

for lots of events i use the "changed to" command in the event but with a UPB link as the device i don't get that choice. It sure would be nice if i did but it's not there.

Should it be? the only choices i get are varations of dims, fade off/on and Activate or Deactivate. I'd love to see a changed to Activate or Deactivate in the choices.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Here is how I trigger an event from a double-tap of the OFF button of a 6-button controller:

In UpbStart, I set the Double-Tap action to "Snap Off"

In HS, I trigger an event on a Device Value Change for the UPB LINK becomes "Fade Off"

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

I'll try that, thanks. You do have to be a little on the creative to use all this to full advantage.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

That's what the "Force all link commands to be considered a change" option is for in the UPB config. Since HomeSeer doesn't support the the set and change differentiation for custom value devices you can have the plug-in reset the link values right before they they are set. This makes HomeSeer see them as a change.

Jon

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
        I've been setting a couple of switches to Activate or Deactivate with double taps. I'm struggling a bit with this. I get it to work just fine, HS sees the double press fine but when i want to use it to trigger an event i have trouble with it retriggering

for lots of events i use the "changed to" command in the event but with a UPB link as the device i don't get that choice. It sure would be nice if i did but it's not there.

Should it be? the only choices i get are varations of dims, fade off/on and Activate or Deactivate. I'd love to see a changed to Activate or Deactivate in the choices.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Originally posted by Oman View Post
          That's what the "Force all link commands to be considered a change" option is for in the UPB config. Since HomeSeer doesn't support the the set and change differentiation for custom value devices you can have the plug-in reset the link values right before they they are set. This makes HomeSeer see them as a change.

Jon
          Ohhh, now that makes sense and would make it a lot easier. Thanks!
          Marty
          ------

Comment

I bet that would fix a few issues I had!!
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

it fixed it for me, you know the old saying when all else fails RTFM.
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Working...
              X