How many network can home seer support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many network can home seer support

Can Homeseer support two or more upb network?

Thanks
    jijo

Currently no. I don't think that the UPStart export files can have more than one network ID. You would essentially have (because of the way UPB works) two independent networks that could not link to each other except through a controller like HomeSeer. The plug-in itself wouldn't need much work to support this but there hasn't been any call for it.

Jon

Originally posted by jijo_robert View Post
    Can Homeseer support two or more upb network?

Thanks
    jijo
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

The plug-in itself wouldn't need much work to support this but there hasn't been any call for it.
      Sounds like UPStart would need a little tweaking too. If 2 networks were created in the same computer I would imagine that HS would need to see 2 export files. I believe that UPStart can only be assigned one export location. Maybe if two separtate UPStart programs were opened at different times, they may be able to be set to export files to separate locations. Then HS could find each file.

I have had problems when I have looked at other UPstart files and my HS has been messed up because it gets the wrong file.

I will ask Ken at Simply Automated about the idea. He has passed on things to the UPStart programmer before.

Dave

Comment

UPStart would not need to be changed. It has the ability to load different network databases with different IDs (at different times of course). In UPB the ID is unique to each network, so each ID is a distinct network. They can't talk to each other except through a smart interface that would do translations.

Jon

Originally posted by Event5 View Post
        Sounds like UPStart would need a little tweaking too. If 2 networks were created in the same computer I would imagine that HS would need to see 2 export files. I believe that UPStart can only be assigned one export location. Maybe if two separtate UPStart programs were opened at different times, they may be able to be set to export files to separate locations. Then HS could find each file.

I have had problems when I have looked at other UPstart files and my HS has been messed up because it gets the wrong file.

I will ask Ken at Simply Automated about the idea. He has passed on things to the UPStart programmer before.

Dave
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Jon,

You're right, I just tried it. But UPStart remembers the last location and file name it exported to, even when changing to a different file with a different Net ID. Looks like it can be done but the file name and location has to be manually changed each time.

I know there is not much call for this but it would be nice if HS could see two or more UPB networks....

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X