need help with using upstart to create link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with using upstart to create link

I have an 8 button switch in installed in the center console of our couch. I set up one of the buttons to control a link I called "Living room light." My plan is to use the button to control, you guessed it, the living room light. Rather than doing a whole bunch of Homeseer mumbo jumbo, i figured i'd use upstart to link the button to the switch, so they both control the light, w/out HS being involved.

I guess I'm not very familiar wiht links and upstart, because I don't know what I'm doing. another way of describing my goal is like the button being a "slave switch" that controls the "master switch" which is a whole 11 feet away from the couch :-)

any help?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

A quick answer....

In UPStart open the device you want to control and open the receive tab. In there click on the drop down menu for links and name a new link. Set that link as one of the 16 receive possitions. Give it any attrobutes you want and upload program to device.

Now open 8 button switch in UPStart and open the transmit tab. sellect the same link as before for the button you want to use. upload to switch and test!!!

Dave

Comment

that did the trick....thanks!
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
      X