Device link status/value shows "none" every time HS starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device link status/value shows "none" every time HS starts

Device link status/value shows "none" every time HS starts. This is a bad thing because a lot of my events are based on "changes to activate" or "changes to deactivate" so if the link is "activate" when hs restarts it goes to "none" and when i press a button to deactivate the link, it changes the status to activate, which it already is...making sense? is there a way to fix that?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Check you Device_State.bin file in the config directory and make sure it's not marked read only. If it is the the device states can't be written to this file.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp,
      If that file is important, it is probably the problem. I have three files in my HomeSeer2 root directory (not in config) that fit a description similar to that. one is devce_state.txt, other is devicestate_tmp.txt third is device_state_bad.txt

the first two are "dated" this morning with current time as far as last change, so it sounds like they are being written to
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
        Rupp,
        If that file is important, it is probably the problem. I have three files in my HomeSeer2 root directory (not in config) that fit a description similar to that. one is devce_state.txt, other is devicestate_tmp.txt third is device_state_bad.txt

the first two are "dated" this morning with current time as far as last change, so it sounds like they are being written to
        If it's being written to then it should be ok. Must be something else going on.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

my upe file was missing - it must not have transferred over in my recent migration to vista. putting it back in there seems to have fixed it.
          Plugins:

Comment

correction, spoke too soon.

the upe file was there, my upstart config file didn't migrate over. so i recreated the upstart config file rom the network and exported it to the upe bile (backing up the old one of course). when i restarted hs the device link value showed correctly, but now upb doesn'twork.

Here's the error I got:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/16/2008 5:50:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Finished initializing plug-in UPB</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/16/2008 5:50:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing interface: UPB->Invalid or non-existant UPStart export file encountered, Preset Parse(4): System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.ReadAndParseUPBExportFile(String& FileName)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/16/2008 5:50:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>UPB </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Writing to error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\UPB Error Report.Log</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/16/2008 5:50:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>UPB </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>***:Invalid or non-existant UPStart export file encountered, Preset Parse(4): System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.ReadAndParseUPBExportFile(String& FileName)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/16/2008 5:50:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>UPB </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Problem with UPB export file record: 4,0,0,39,255,255,3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/16/2008 5:50:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing Plug-in: UPB</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'll restore the backedup upe file, dig out the backup of the upstart config file on the old machine (prior to vista) and bring it over, don't know if that should make a difference or not....
            Plugins:

Comment

back to square 1 - i guess i did have the hs upb config file. so i'm not sure why the device link value was the right way when i restarted before, must have had something to do with that error message...wierd
              Plugins:

Comment

Working...
              X