3way (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3way (again)

I have a us2-40 i am trying to use as a master, and a usr-40 as a slave. the us2-40 doesn't have any "traveler" or "remote" wires, just the black, white, brown, and ground. all the diagrams I see show the us2-40 with remote/traveler wires. am I hosed?

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Just setup a link between the two. Make them transmit the link upon pressing the button.

In HS only use the LINK to turn the lights on and off. Then you will get virtual controll over the 3-way setup (N-way really as I have this working in a 4-way setup as well as 3 ways around the house).

Also, didn't you have a switch that was having issues with single tapping? It wouldn't turn on/off without double tapping? How did you resolve this?

Thanks!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

yes, i did have a switch that was only turning on with a double tap. ends up the problem was that the top rocker was set for super rocker, instead of normal rocker. i didn't think that should make a difference, but it did.

I know i could set up a link between the two, but I'm trying to do this w/ a remote (usr), and i don't think i can do that. I know I "could" do this w/ two us2-40's, but that would be too easy, what fun would there be in that!

So the US2-40 should or shouldn't have a remote/traveler wire?

Ian
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

they stopped putting them on the switches a while ago.

The first ones I bought had them. The last 30 I bought did not.

A USR? Remote? Just pass it through HS and have that take care of the 3-way.

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

maybe i'm confused. does a usr xmit? does it config as a device? cuz I didn't think it does.
          Plugins:

Comment

Working...
          X