Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link status not updating

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Link status not updating

    I believe I found a scenario where the link status does not get updated. Normally, the last column in HS in the UPB Device Link group, 'control', reflects the current link state. Changing the link state, via a script, by setting the device value updates this column in HS just fine. However, I have found that changing the link state via the traditional 'off' or 'on' command fails to update the link state in HS, thus causing any triggers to fail as well. And example call, hs.ExecX10 "Location Device", "on", 0, 0, does trigger the link and control any UPB devices, but fails to update the status in HS.
    Thanks,
    Jesse
    HS: 2.5.0.60
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

    HSeer: 3.0.0.54
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

    #2
    Links are not X10 devices but an attempt is made to try to map what makes sense. Normally you want to set the value of the link, not try to send it an X10 state. This allows you to set any possible link command.

    Jon


    Originally posted by jstaab View Post
    I believe I found a scenario where the link status does not get updated. Normally, the last column in HS in the UPB Device Link group, 'control', reflects the current link state. Changing the link state, via a script, by setting the device value updates this column in HS just fine. However, I have found that changing the link state via the traditional 'off' or 'on' command fails to update the link state in HS, thus causing any triggers to fail as well. And example call, hs.ExecX10 "Location Device", "on", 0, 0, does trigger the link and control any UPB devices, but fails to update the status in HS.
    Thanks,
    Jesse
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

    Comment


      #3
      Hey Jon! Long time. Hope you are doing well and Merry Christmas.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        Work and the kids have me very busy, but I've been working on an ACRF2 update so I decided to check out the boards to see what is up.

        I know there are a bunch of people using UPB but it always amazes me how quiet it is here.

        Jon


        Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Hey Jon! Long time. Hope you are doing well and Merry Christmas.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

        Comment


          #5
          No argument with your statement and I do use devicevalue where possible via my scripts. However, there are occasions where your limited to off an on functionality which results in this problem.

          Originally posted by Oman View Post
          Links are not X10 devices but an attempt is made to try to map what makes sense. Normally you want to set the value of the link, not try to send it an X10 state. This allows you to set any possible link command.

          Jon
          HS: 2.5.0.60
          Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
          Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
          Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

          HSeer: 3.0.0.54
          Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
          Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
          UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
          Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

          Comment


            #6
            It looks to me like X10 ON is mapping to the ON device state value, OFF is mapping to the OFF state value, and dims are mapping to an approximation of the closest value. What is it that isn't working for you?

            Jon


            Originally posted by jstaab View Post
            No argument with your statement and I do use devicevalue where possible via my scripts. However, there are occasions where your limited to off an on functionality which results in this problem.
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com
            (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Oman View Post
              I know there are a bunch of people using UPB but it always amazes me how quiet it is here.Jon
              That must tell you something.
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

              Comment


                #8
                Controlling the link isn't the problem, rather, the status of the link isn't getting updated, the 'control' column when looking at the UPB Device Link location. Say for example, if you set up a quick and dirty event that runs the single line script pasted below, the link itself is triggered appropriately, but if you check the link status in HS, it will still be at its last state (assuming it was previously deactivated).

                &hs.ExecX10ByName "UPB Device Link Stairs", "on", 0, 0

                Originally posted by Oman View Post
                It looks to me like X10 ON is mapping to the ON device state value, OFF is mapping to the OFF state value, and dims are mapping to an approximation of the closest value. What is it that isn't working for you?

                Jon
                HS: 2.5.0.60
                Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
                Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
                Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

                HSeer: 3.0.0.54
                Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
                Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
                UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
                Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

                Comment

                Working...
                X