Creating multiple transmit links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating multiple transmit links

Working with the UPB and setting up links. Need to have a single button press control (transmit 2 or more) links. I see the 1 to 1 but how do I get a single trigger press to multiple links?

HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

The transmit link capability is essentially one-to-many. You send a single named link for all actions you want performed. You define that link as a receive link for multiple devices.

What are you trying to accomplish?

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

You could always set up an event that transmits several links and have that triggered by the button press.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

You only want to transmit one link. You want to setup the receivers to respond to *more* than one link. In my setup I have link one as "All Lights". Then I get more specific, "First Floor", then "Livingroom".

This takes a bit longer when adding a new switch but leaves an incredible amount of flexibility. I just change a button from transmitting "Livingroom off" to "All Lights Off". I don't have to go and change every receiver.

I do have a few combination events. Most of those I do leave up to HomeSeer. The control switch transmits just to HomeSeer. Then HomeSeer transmits a few link commands to the rest of the switches.

Jon

Originally posted by Richard View Post
        Working with the UPB and setting up links. Need to have a single button press control (transmit 2 or more) links. I see the 1 to 1 but how do I get a single trigger press to multiple links?

Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
        X