Vera PI Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikram0228 View Post
    I plan to just permanently leave my devices in Vera and use HS for scripting etc. as long as the devices work correctly through the Vera PI.

s there a way that I can have blinds show up correctly in HS? Currently the PI is showing blinds like a device with a power button. No up/down controls. Thanks
    I don't have any z-wave blinds to test with. This will depend on how Vera is presenting them. What kind of blinds are these? If they are through a Vera plugin then it is questionable.

Comment

I have several blinds in Vera. They show up as regular devices through the RFXCOM plugin.

Comment

I have several blinds in Vera. They show up as regular devices through the RFXCOM plugin.
        Plugin devices. The RFXCOM plugin is not currently supported. I don't have an RFXCOM or any devices to test with. It is interesting that the devices were even imported unless the RFXCOM plugin is incorrectly setting the device categories which is very common with Vera plugins.

Comment

I'll order an RFXCOM to test with. However I still don't have blinds. Yet a bigger question is why leave them in Vera? HS3 has an RFXcom plugin. If you're leaving your devices in Vera why use HS? Curious really.

Comment

If your PI use-case is primarily for migration then you will lose a lot of paid customers with the 30 day trial during which time the users will migrate from Vera to HS and be done. I would be happy to pay for the PI if I can keep some devices on Vera. For example, Vera supports RFXCOM and Rainforest Eagle at no extra cost. On HS, I need to buy a PI for RFXCOM and there is no support for the Eagle so I would like to leave those on Vera. Similarly, Vera does not support Fortrezz mimolite or Flow Meter and those I would keep on HS.

I feel that if the Vera PI supports devices on Vera that require a paid plugin on HS (like RFXCOM) then it's cheaper to just pay for your Vera PI and leave a few of those devices on Vera. This is especially true if the devices do not need instant reaction (like Motion Sensors)

Comment

If your PI use-case is primarily for migration then you will lose a lot of paid customers with the 30 day trial during which time the users will migrate from Vera to HS and be done. I would be happy to pay for the PI if I can keep some devices on Vera. For example, Vera supports RFXCOM and Rainforest Eagle at no extra cost. On HS, I need to buy a PI for RFXCOM and there is no support for the Eagle so I would like to leave those on Vera. Similarly, Vera does not support Fortrezz mimolite or Flow Meter and those I would keep on HS.

I feel that if the Vera PI supports devices on Vera that require a paid plugin on HS (like RFXCOM) then it's cheaper to just pay for your Vera PI and leave a few of those devices on Vera. This is especially true if the devices do not need instant reaction (like Motion Sensors)
              I do agree with you to a point. The intent of the PI is a migration tool with secondary benefit of supporting long term use of un-supported devices in HS (Zigbee). The time/cost of fully supporting all Vera plugins to bring their full functionality into HS when an HS plugin exists is far too costly from my end.

I try to get support added based upon number of requests and long term viability. However it does take time to add/test that support. This support is why the plugin has a cost. It costs to add features and to purchase equipment to test with. I spend more on equipment for testing than I'll ever recoup with plugin sales. This cost is also a factor in deciding if/what will be supported.

Comment

I can offer you logging into my Vera if that helps for the RFXCOM. Or, I am even willing to send you my RFXCOM for a week. I know it's a lot of work on your end and just trying to do my thing to help. Let me know. It may not be worth bringing RFXCOM functionality into the Vera PI - that is for you to decide. Thanks for bringing this very useful PI

Comment

I can offer you logging into my Vera if that helps for the RFXCOM. Or, I am even willing to send you my RFXCOM for a week. I know it's a lot of work on your end and just trying to do my thing to help. Let me know. It may not be worth bringing RFXCOM functionality into the Vera PI - that is for you to decide. Thanks for bringing this very useful PI
                  If you are wanting the functionality then I'll need some patience for the time to develop and some information exchanges from you. I'm going to order an RFXcom to have locally for testing with as I'm sure that will be needed. As for the "blinds" I will need data dumps from your Vera to see how Vera is presenting them, or more accurately I need to see how Mios is presenting them to Vera (I bypass Vera in the plugin for most things).

There is a Slack channel and information to join is posted in the Simplex Technology main sub-forum. I advise to join that as it makes it easier for communication and testing.

In the meantime while I'm waiting for delivery of the RFXcom unit please send the following in a txt file (please no word docs). Send it in a PM as some plugins store user information and I don't want that in the forum.

Code:
                  http://<YOUR_IP>:3480/data_request?id=sdata
                  That will be a good starting point. Please identify the blinds in the PM by name and device ID if you know it (available in the GUI in Advanced menu)

Comment

Working...
                  X