X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Issues

Purchased app and trying to connect to Vera Edge
    Application Version: 1.7.4452

My vera is stuck in Status:2 Do we have to totally reset vera in order to get this to work?
    Does anyone have any info on what Status 2 is ?
    Running the 2 apps that come preloaded on Vera and a couple of Foscam apps. not much else.

Originally posted by carloski View Post
    Purchased app and trying to connect to Vera Edge
    Application Version: 1.7.4452

My vera is stuck in Status:2 Do we have to totally reset vera in order to get this to work?
    Does anyone have any info on what Status 2 is ?
    Running the 2 apps that come preloaded on Vera and a couple of Foscam apps. not much else.
    Vera Edge was never tested/supported. The primary use of the plugin is for accessing ZigBee devices from Vera Plus/Secure controllers. The status is not documented by Vera other than -1 is "normal" anything else is "bad". You will have to contact Vera support. My guess is that you don't have any devices which puts Vera into an unknown state. The foscam's are not supported by the plugin either nor are most of the Vera apps.

Comment

Ok,
      I have 2 door/window switches established in Vera. Had to set Vera edge back to factory and start over to get rid of the error status. I can see the devices were pulled into Homeseer3 and several Vera scenes. The scenes run on the Vera when turned on in Homeseer3 but the window switches devices In Homeseer3 are not responding to changing state.
      It sounds like there is some little something keeping Vera from updating devices to Homeseer3 any Ideas on where I can look to see why?

Comment

Ok,
        I have 2 door/window switches established in Vera. Had to set Vera edge back to factory and start over to get rid of the error status. I can see the devices were pulled into Homeseer3 and several Vera scenes. The scenes run on the Vera when turned on in Homeseer3 but the window switches devices In Homeseer3 are not responding to changing state.
        It sounds like there is some little something keeping Vera from updating devices to Homeseer3 any Ideas on where I can look to see why?
        The plugin will create a Vera Scene for each security device. These scenes are used to quickly update the status of devices in HS3. If you are running a newer Vera firmware you will need to disable the extra security settings so Lua code and wget can run from scenes. If you are using local authentication with HS3 you will have to modify the Vera scenes to provide the username/password to connect to HS3 or disable the local authentication in HS3.

Comment

I am still working on this, the scene was created for each security device.
          The devices showed up in HS3.
          Local authentication is disabled in HS3 and security settings are set so Lua code can run. These codes run with success when ran manually.
          The devices on the HS3 end, do not see and update from Vera.
          Nothing is noted in the log when they run on HS3 either.
          Any ideas why Vera can install the devices on HS3 but not update them?
          Any information you may need to help me determine what the problem is?
          Vera is in State -1,
          Lua code to update device in HS3 = luup.inet.wget("http://192.168.1.104/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=413&value=100") Should there be a port?

Comment

Based on that information everything looks correct. One thought is if the HS3 JSON interface is not working? The URL for the lua.inet.wget. Run that from your browser and it should change the HS3 device value. If not then there's an issue with that portion. If it does work then that is correct and it may be an underlying Vera issue if the inet.wget command has been changed.

If you are familiar with SSH you can ssh into the Vera unit and look at the logs and generate traffic to see if there are any Luup errors being presented.

Comment

So I ran the URL and the HS3 device value never changes. Assuming the JSON interface is not working, is there another way to check it?

Comment

Homeseer has the check in setup but does not seem to work for some reason.

Comment

So I ran the URL and the HS3 device value never changes. Assuming the JSON interface is not working, is there another way to check it?
                  What error/info/message do you get in the browser when connecting to the URL?

Are you running HS3 on the standard port 80?
                  If using a non-standard port what port? Do you have a local firewall running/blocking the port for incoming connections?
                  What version of HS3? Windows or Linux?

Comment

Working...
                  X