Wemo plugin initializes but does not find any Wemo devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wemo plugin initializes but does not find any Wemo devices

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or need to do to trigger discovery?

I have 2Wemo Mini Smart Plugs.
    Attached Files

The only requirement is that it has to be on the same network as the wemo devices. The plugin uses SSDP to discover the wemo devices automatically, just the same as the app does. You may need to check your computer's firewall settings if you've installed it on Windows.

Comment

Also, if your PC has more than one network card, you'll need to select the correct bind interface in the settings. If it's still not working, change the logging level to debug to see if we can get some more info.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
        Also, if your PC has more than one network card, you'll need to select the correct bind interface in the settings. If it's still not working, change the logging level to debug to see if we can get some more info.

Hmm, it's a laptop so it has wifi and wired. I am using the wired and have the wifi disabled...

Comment

The only requirement is that it has to be on the same network as the wemo devices. The plugin uses SSDP to discover the wemo devices automatically, just the same as the app does. You may need to check your computer's firewall settings if you've installed it on Windows.

What should I see in the log, or be looking for? When I search "Wemo" I just get these 6 entries, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by pugsly View Post
            What should I see in the log, or be looking for? When I search "Wemo" I just get these 6 entries, nothing more.
            And you set the level of logging to debug?

Comment

And you set the level of logging to debug?

Yes sir!

Comment

If you turn on the "Developer Mode" check box on the top of the plugin manager page and then stop/start the plugin you should get a black/white console window open up. Does that show you anything?

Comment

If you turn on the "Developer Mode" check box on the top of the plugin manager page and then stop/start the plugin you should get a black/white console window open up. Does that show you anything?
                  Ah hang on, I was looking in the system log. In the wemo log I see -

Code:
                  ----------------- Logging started on 2018-07-05 14:49:01.1708 ------------------
                  2018-07-05 14:49:01.1152|  INFO|HSPI_Wemo.HSPI.ShutdownIO               |HomeSeer shutting down Wemo plugin 
                  2018-07-05 14:49:02.6471|  WARN|HSPI_Wemo.Program.client_Disconnected   |Disconnected from HomeSeer server! 
                  2018-07-05 14:49:02.6471|  WARN|HSPI_Wemo.Program.Main                  |Connection to HomeSeer lost, shutting down plugin... 
                  ----------------- Logging finished on 2018-07-05 14:49:04.6816 -----------------

Comment

Looks like it's not able to connect to homeseer for some reason. Let me see if I can recreate it. What OS are you running?

Comment

Looks like it's not able to connect to homeseer for some reason. Let me see if I can recreate it. What OS are you running?

Windows 10 Pro, it's a dedicated PC only running HS3.
                      Attached Files

Comment

What .net framework version is installed?

Comment

What .net framework version is installed?

Comment

Any thoughts on what I should try to make this work? Going through IFTTT is not optimal!

Comment

To be honest, I can't figure it out. Everything you've told me checks out, and I cannot recreate the issue. I've tested the plugin locally against those same plugs and it works 100% of the time. The only thing I can think of is that somehow your network is blocking devices from seeing/talking to each other. Do you have a security option on your wireless that blocks hosts from talking to each other?

Comment

Working...
                              X