Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kingfetty
    replied
    Yes, if the plugin is running locally on the homeseer box it will connect to 127.0.0.1. This is how the plugin communicates with HomeSeer. ALL plugins behave like this. They use a feature called .net remoting to establish a communications channel and allow the plugin to run from anywhere. If you launch the plugin on a remote box you can provide the command line option "server=1.1.1.1" where 1.1.1.1 would be the IP of the homeseer box. Every plugin is simply an executable that's written against the .net framework and runs as a unique process.

Leave a comment:

• wkearney99
    replied
    I've done some additional digging. I've found the Wemo won't connect to my Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Pro if it's configured to use AES/CCMP. If I down-grade the security to 'Auto' (which includes AES/TKIP... no longer 'secure') then they'll connect.

So now they're sending DHCP requests, getting reservations and I can ping their IP addresses. I've stopped/restarted the Wemo plug-in but this is all that shows up for it in the log:
    Dec-24 12:22:36 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Wemo
    Dec-24 12:22:36 PM Starting Plug-In Wemo loaded in 1925 milliseconds
    Dec-24 12:22:36 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Wemo started successfully in 557 milliseconds
    Dec-24 12:22:36 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Wemo ...
    Dec-24 12:22:35 PM Info Plugin Wemo has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:57859
    Dec-24 12:22:29 PM Info Plugin Wemo with instance: has disconnected
    Dec-24 12:22:29 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Wemo
    Should it be reading use of the 127.0.0.1 address?

If I try using the drop-down menu to change logging level it doesn't change the INI file.

While trying to see data in the logs... I neglected to notice the device DO now appear. So, that's progress.

Leave a comment:

• kingfetty
    replied
    The switches do not have a way to set a static IP address. The only way to do that would be a DHCP reservation.

The easiest way to see what's happening would be to install a packet sniffer such as wireshark on the box and run it to see if the switches are responding to anything. You could filter the traffic in Wireshark to SSDP traffic and see if they're responding.

Leave a comment:

• wkearney99
    replied
    I have the firewall on the box disabled (and has always been that way).

What debug tools would you recommend as a means to see what SSDP devices are present on the network?

Do your F7C027 switches respond to a network ping? Mine do not.

I'm not sure, but the switches may be configured for a static IPs. Because the DHCP server is not seeing their requests, they're not responding to pings BUT their MAC addresses are showing up in the router's ARP tables. Which would typically only happen if the devices were setting their own IPs.

I've only recently been trying to use the Android app to configure the Wemo. I may have used the iOS app in the past. I don't see anywhere in the either to set static IPs.

Leave a comment:

• kingfetty
    replied
    The plugin sends out SSDP discover messages every "Discovery Interval". The default is 10 minutes. If your wemo devices are on the same network they should respond to the discovery message and the plugin will create new devices in Homeseer to match them. This is the exact same method the phone app uses to discover the devices as well. I have a F7C027 unit that I use every day with the plugin without issue. In fact I have it hooked to homeseer to control my christmas tree and it lights up when I walk in the room. It's never had an issue.

Most common causes are firewall on the windows box blocking the discovery messages and the .Net framework not running 4.7 version.

Leave a comment:

• wkearney99
    replied
    I should add, does this plug-in support the original Wemo plugs? I've got two of the F7C027 units.

Leave a comment:

• wkearney99
    replied
    What do I have to configure or setup to get my plug-in working? I'm on a Windows 10 box with HS3 Pro and 1.1.40718.33645 of the Wemo plug-in.

I'm seeing nothing for devices. The console screen only shows a few lines, as does the log. The plug-in itself only shows two interfaces for binding and I've selected the internal one. The server is one a wired network that has the wifi access point. Same subnet. The Wemo app running on a phone using this same subnet, but through a different access point. The Wemo devices are both on a 2.4ghz WiFi network and the phones are on a 5ghz network. All using the same subnet. Everything pings.

The Wemo.ini file only contains two lines:
    Code:
    [Settings]
    FileLogging=True
    What else should I be checking? Is it possible to add the devices manually? Everything is on DHCP leases, so the IPs will always be the same.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pugsly
    replied
    Thanks for your help. After doing some research I think it may be due to the wifi that I am using - Linksys Velop. There are some reports of Wemo not playing nicely with the new mesh wifi systems.

Leave a comment:

• kingfetty
    replied
    Originally posted by pugsly View Post
    Wemo Mini Smart Plug (from Costco in the 2 pack)

Model: F7C063
    Product Type: socket
    Firmware Version: WeMo_WW_2.00.11059.PVT-OWRTT-SNSV2
    Hardware Version: v2
    I have 7 of the exact same model working here with the plugin without issue. It must be something in the network or computer blocking the communications. Since you indicate the phone app is finding them fine, I'm inclined to indicate something on the computer itself. Do you have any firewall or antivirus that is blocking the plugin from talking to the network?

Leave a comment:

• pugsly
    replied
    Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
    So directly after that code of "SSDP Devices found" it loops through each device found and if it's a "Belkin" device type it will print out the full device name in the debug. It seems the discovery is not finding any Belkin devices.

What is the exact model # of the switches you are using?

Wemo Mini Smart Plug (from Costco in the 2 pack)

Model: F7C063
    Product Type: socket
    Firmware Version: WeMo_WW_2.00.11059.PVT-OWRTT-SNSV2
    Hardware Version: v2
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kingfetty
    replied
    Originally posted by pugsly View Post
    This is as far as it seems to get. Is there a service it should be calling that I can check?
    So directly after that code of "SSDP Devices found" it loops through each device found and if it's a "Belkin" device type it will print out the full device name in the debug. It seems the discovery is not finding any Belkin devices.

What is the exact model # of the switches you are using?

Leave a comment:

• pugsly
    replied
    This is as far as it seems to get. Is there a service it should be calling that I can check?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pugsly
    replied
    Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
    To be honest, I can't figure it out. Everything you've told me checks out, and I cannot recreate the issue. I've tested the plugin locally against those same plugs and it works 100% of the time. The only thing I can think of is that somehow your network is blocking devices from seeing/talking to each other. Do you have a security option on your wireless that blocks hosts from talking to each other?

Not that I can find. The native Wemo app works, as does IFTTT control and Alexa. So it seems like there has got to be some issue with the home controller box, but darned if I can figure out what it is. As far as I can tell I have it wide open.

Leave a comment:

• kingfetty
    replied
    To be honest, I can't figure it out. Everything you've told me checks out, and I cannot recreate the issue. I've tested the plugin locally against those same plugs and it works 100% of the time. The only thing I can think of is that somehow your network is blocking devices from seeing/talking to each other. Do you have a security option on your wireless that blocks hosts from talking to each other?

Leave a comment:

• pugsly
    replied
    Any thoughts on what I should try to make this work? Going through IFTTT is not optimal!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X