Wemo light events work but not shown in HS3touch status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wemo light events work but not shown in HS3touch status

Hi - I'm a new Homeseer user and just learning my way around. The Wemo app installed easily and auto-discovery worked perfectly.

I'm using Homeseer to control lighting at a remote location. I have a recurring event set up in Homeseer to turn the front door light on each evening and then turn it off just after midnight. I see the event in the logs and I can verify that the light goes on and off by viewing it through a remote camera, but the light status doesn't show up in HS3touch. It does show up in the Wemo standalone app, and if I make changes directly by using the Wemo app, I see them in HS3touch and vice versa.

I'm 90% there - the app is working and doing its job. It correctly reports current status when invoked manually but not when run as a scheduled event.

Here's an edited listing of my current software info -

Current Date/Time: 1/18/2019 2:37:02 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.475
    Linux version: Linux HS3Pi3v5 4.14.79-v7+ #1159 SMP Sun Nov 4 17:50:20 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 17 Days 4 Hours 54 Minutes 30 Seconds

HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.9.610.5: HSBuddy
    1.2019.112.1676: Wemo

Thanks for taking a look at this,
    Jack

Thanks for the report. Give me a bit to test out the way you've got it setup and find any potentially related bugs. I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

I appreciate the quick response. Just for completeness, I should add that the two Wemo devices I am currently controlling with the plugin are the Smart Light Switches (FC030).

Comment

I haven't changed anything with the WEMO plug-in, but with the latest upgrades to HomeSeer Mobile (added "more resources", according to HS tech support), my WEMO switches now update status correctly - in HomeSeer Mobile, HS3Touch and in HSBuddy - so I expect something might have been tweeked in the API and your code was right all along. I don't know for sure but regardless, I'm getting the data I need so I'm happy with the final result.

Issue closed at my end.

Thanks.

Comment

Just wanted to post here, I've found the problem with the status updates but lights still working. It'll take me a bit to get a fix in place, but it's coming soon.

Comment

I am having the same problem with HSTouch not updating the on / off status. I am running:
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 - Domain Controller

Also, are there any plans to include the energy data from the wemo insight plugs in Homeseer?

Comment

Yeah, I've found the problem with the intermittent status update issues and will have a fix out soon.
              I have an insight plug that I'm testing energy data gathering with right now to see if/how it's possible to integrate that data.

Comment

Also a new user. I have the same sort of problem but it involves using the WEMO plugin >> Imperihome plugin >> Android IH app. I notice when I turn on a WEMO switch (in Imperihome) the IH status icon lights (on) but in a second or two goes dark (off). If I tap the IH device again, it responds as if it were in the "off" mode, even though the switch is turned on. Since I'm not sure where the issue might be, I also asked this question in the Imperihome plugin forum. The WEMO switch status "bulb" does stay lit correctly in the HomeSeer android app. Any thoughts appreciated?
                Thanks,
                Lou

Current Date/Time: 5/25/2019 12:58:12 PM
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.531
                Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerSELv3 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 21 Hours 31 Minutes 6 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.254.134
                Number of Devices: 111
                Number of Events: 2
                Available Threads: 199
                HSTouch Enabled: True
                Event Threads: 0
                Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                Device Exec Queue: 0
                HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins