Adding an X10 device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding an X10 device

I am trying to add my first X10 device to HS3 software - I am using the CM15A module, have updated to the latest release of the plugin, and have loaded the SDK. The plugin reports that it's status is "OK".

I add the device, fill in all the values including the house code and ID under the CM15a tab, hit Done, and the device is nowhere to be found in my device list. I have tried this a couple times now with the same result.

I must be missing something simple(?)

Thanks for any advice.

Make sure "Unknown" and "Not set" are checked in both the Location 1 and Location 2 drop down filters. New devices are often added either with blank or Unknown for the locations.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

That was it. D'oh! Thanks!

Comment

I recently "graduated" from a Zeetroller to a z-net and HS3 for windows. Now when I add an X10 device, I can't select what type of device it is.

I get house code, unit code, a radio box with "Done" and a large space where I used to be able to specify the type of module. That area is blank.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          I recently "graduated" from a Zeetroller to a z-net and HS3 for windows. Now when I add an X10 device, I can't select what type of device it is.
          Which X10 interface do you have? Are you using the latest version of the plug-in?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The X10 interface is the CM15A which is plugged into the z-net and of course an outlet. And yes, I followed the steps outlined in another post about properly adding an X10 device.

FWIW, this worked fine with the Zeetroller S2

Current Date/Time: 4/27/2017 21:09:34
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
            System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 26 Minutes 42 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.1.2
            Number of Devices: 142
            Number of Events: 22
            Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
            3.0.0.8: CM15A
            1.1.6.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
            3.0.0.104: HSTouch Server
            3.0.0.27: MediaController
            3.0.4.8: SDJ-Health
            3.0.0.63: weatherXML
            3.0.1.110: Z-Wave
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't use the CM15, but I think this version of the plug-in was intended to address the problem you are seeing.
              https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...47&postcount=3

Comment

Thanks, that helped yet it's still bare bones compared to the Zeetroller (linux?) version.

Comment

Thanks, that helped yet it's still bare bones compared to the Zeetroller (linux?) version.
                  Can you expand a little on the major differences you see?
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                  Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

I can't since now I have a z-net. I gave my Zeetroller to a friend @DaveX10 and I've asked him to post a screenshot of the CM15A tab.

It lists the housecode, unitcode and then a dropdown with quite a few module options. Appliance, newer soft start, older type, etc. Sorry, I don't remember them all.

Right now the only options are "standard" or "appliance"

Comment

I can't since now I have a z-net. I gave my Zeetroller to a friend @DaveX10 and I've asked him to post a screenshot of the CM15A tab.
                      Yep with the Hometroller... clicking on the added device (in this case the "Theater lights" switches to the Page with the CM15A tab.... which is where data like the device name and address are added.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaveX10 View Post
                        which is where data like the device name and address are added.
                        But I don't seem to have a lot of selections either.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Having those extra choices makes a difference. Sometimes a module doesn't respond the way we expect and trying an extended setting did it for me.

It's not an extensive list but better than the windows version.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Thank you for posting the differences that you noticed. I believe this is the only user interface difference between the Windows and Linux versions of the CM15a plugin.

The reason that the Windows version of the CM15a plugin does not offer device types of PreSet and Extended is that the Windows USB driver for the CM15a (created by X10) does not support the Preset or Extended X10 commands. The Linux USB driver was not written by X10 and does support Preset and Extended commands.

Unfortunately, it will be quite some time before this gets addressed as it will require a new Windows USB driver to be written for the CM15a and there is no official protocol documentation available for the device.
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
                            X