X10 Tab disappeared Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Tab disappeared Help

I am converting from windows to linux and have managed to successfully transpose all my zwave devices and i can also create new x10 devices and make them work but my extant x10 devices don't seem to have the x10 tag nor do they work. I guess its because the plugin does not believe they are owned by the plug in is there a way to re-attribute ownership or is this another instance where HS make you start agin from scratch?

Phill

In the conversion from Windows to Linux are your X10 devices there but with no attributes?

Personally I would recreate them. Most likely this will mess with the triggers and events using X10. These can probably be adjusted to work.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by phillb View Post
      I am converting from windows to linux and have managed to successfully transpose all my zwave devices and i can also create new x10 devices and make them work but my extant x10 devices don't seem to have the x10 tag nor do they work. I guess its because the plugin does not believe they are owned by the plug in is there a way to re-attribute ownership or is this another instance where HS make you start agin from scratch?
      HS abandoned this plug-in without fully converting it to HS3. One of the most annoying bugs is that it is very fussy about what devices are owned by the plug-in. I agree with Pete. I don't think there is any way to avoid deleting the existing devices and recreating them, then update any events that involve them. If you can, print out a list of all those events before you delete the devices.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Before you delete the old devices and events and recreate them, I have a few questions that may help shed some light on the issue:

1) How did you "move" your HS3 install from Windows to Linux?

2) Which X10 interface are you using?

3) What version of the plugin were you using on your Windows machine?

4) Do you have the same version of the plugin installed on Linux?

5) What is the status of the X10 plugin on the 'Manage Plugins' page?

6) Please post the portion of your log that shows the X10 plugin starting up.

7) Are there any errors in the log pertaining to your previous X10 devices?

8) Are there any log entries when you attempt to control these devices?

9) Please post screen shots of the 'Advanced' tab for an X10 device that is working and one of your previous devices that is not showing the X10 tab.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
          Before you delete the old devices and events and recreate them, I have a few questions that may help shed some light on the issue:

1) How did you "move" your HS3 install from Windows to Linux?

2) Which X10 interface are you using?

3) What version of the plugin were you using on your Windows machine?

4) Do you have the same version of the plugin installed on Linux?

5) What is the status of the X10 plugin on the 'Manage Plugins' page?

6) Please post the portion of your log that shows the X10 plugin starting up.

7) Are there any errors in the log pertaining to your previous X10 devices?

8) Are there any log entries when you attempt to control these devices?

9) Please post screen shots of the 'Advanced' tab for an X10 device that is working and one of your previous devices that is not showing the X10 tab.
          Hi I will answer these questions in one go probably Monday when I get back thanks for the interest. i am in the middle of trying to find a way of migrating which will cause the least hassle........(actually I'm still recovering from the hs2 to hs3 migration) I have now got a reliable way of transferring a working zwave network and associated devices and have got chart director working under Nemo. I came across the x10 issue by chance as I was not expecting any issues so i was leaving it to last, I should have known better! lol. I am now converting ms Access databases and scripts to sqlite which i expect will take a little time!

I had thought about creating the devices again and using the "hidden" replace device web page as a last resort.

Phill
          Last edited by phillb; August 19, 2018, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X