No announcement yet.

HS3 - X10 Devices Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey George, glad to see you back on the board!

This may be a harbinger of what seems to have manifested in my system. I started first by defining the devices in my OmniPro and let the X10 plugin suck them in. But they came over as Omni Devices. I still wanted original letter name devices for compatibility as I swap out devices over a slower period of time.
    The X10 plugins cannot take ownership of any existing devices, and unfortunately all X10 plugin owned devices must be created from scratch as described in this post:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...very-important

After 3 hours of swapping out 3 (Three) TI-103's and a CM-11a, I get nothing when I try to control an X-10 device. I read forward and downloaded the .46 version of the plugin and restarted. The plugin starts normally, I turned on verbose logging, and when I go to turn on a device, it gives the following entries in the log. I can't believe that three (3) rather expensive TI-103's and brand new CM11a I just bought on eBay to test with all behave the same way. I have a couple of TW-523's right next to them, so when HS1 sends an X-10 command, they of course blink. When I issue the command from HS3, nothing at all.

I'm pretty sure your hardware interfaces are just fine as there are no connection errors in the log entries you posted. If you want to prove this to yourself create an event that will 'send X10 command' rather than trying to control a device using HS. Also, if the 'special' logging entries are enabled for the Ti103 and 'Enable Developer Mode' is enabled on the plugins page, you will be able to see the received X10 data. For the CM11a (using plugin version v.46) just enabling 'Developer Mode' will allow you to see sent and received X10 data detail.

The issue you are seeing is that while the X10 plugin is working, you're trying to control devices you think are X10, but since the plugin doesn't own them HS3 doesn't pass the CAPI command to the plugin.

The telling part is that I DO NOT get the X10 tab created in the new devices screen. I tried to delete a device after upgrading the plugin and recreating it but I only get the first three tabs and no X-10 tab.

When you create a new device (by clicking '+'), HS querries the status of each device related plugin for it's status and if it returns 'OK' it will display an additional tab for each plugin on the new device page. Unfortunately (as Uncle Michael mentioned) there is a longstanding issue where HS just creates the device without displaying the 'new device' page, or it displays the 'new device' page without the "X10" tab. Personally this has never happened to me on either Windows or Linux but many have reported it. Michael's workaround seems to be the only way to circumvent this.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks for all the responses guys.

After about 3 hours - 3 TI-103's, a CM-11A and a partridge in a pear tree, I threw in the towel. Uninstalled the plugin, reinstalled the beta plugin, still no X-10 tab from the Green +. Out of giving up an all things, I checked the devices manager to make sure that the speed of the Prolific com port was 9600 which it was. But, for shits and giggles, I went online and re-downloaded the Prolific USB-Serial drivers. I reinstalled the Prolific drivers, rebooted about 2 times and "As if by Magic", POOF, the X-10 TAB started to show up.

Then it took me about 2 hours to take about (this is what I miss about the HS 1.7 console client ) and really, really really hate the Web Interface, 50 X-10 devices, delete them (as they still did not show the tab) which also as a good side effect removed the Link to the same device on the OP, which is what I wanted. When I Green +'d to add a device, I followed the directions.
      • Named it
      • Put it on a Floor
      • Put it in a Room
      • Set it as a light of not
      • Went to the X-10 tab and added the house code (can anyone remember the word BSR and why the housecode for X-10 are the way they are? LOL) and set if it was an appliance, light and the type of extended support.
      • Then saved it,
      • Then opened it and when in to change the On/Off icons to the appropriate ones if they were not normal lights like Fans, etc.

I attribute it somehow to the reinstall of the Prolific drivers, but it may have cleaned up some other remnants as well. For now, whenever I add a device, the X-10 tab does pop up consistently. Sunspots!

Thanks again, I'm back to my 4 month project!

BTW, did I say that I really Hate the web interface, but I guess that's what we will live with until HTML5 and the new container features which I hope Rich is working on.

George

Comment

Oh, and while I was re-downloading drivers, I went to the support side and loaded the speaker client to my 1.7 Win XP HS machine. So now, my live system is Kate and HS3 is Mike. So at least I know which machine is talking to me.

Comment

Happy to hear you got it working!
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
          X