Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with CM15pro/HS3 Raspberry-not able to send commands to X10 device [Resolved]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with CM15pro/HS3 Raspberry-not able to send commands to X10 device [Resolved]

Hello all, i'm moving from HS2 WIN XP to HS3 on Raspberry PI3, version 3.0.0.548.
    My problem is the following : i have connected a CM15PRO, the device is well recognize at startup (can be seen with dmesg), and also well started by HS3 (connection established seen on log file).
    I have created a X10 device, light device, M3 for example, and then click on On/Off to control the light. We can see on the log file that command Off or On is sent, but no effect on the light device.

I have checked that mochad service is installed and working properly (active, version 0.1.17), but no effect.
    I have also tested the function : nc localhost 1099, and Pl m3 on => it works perfectly.

i have tried to find inside the forum topics related to this issue, but no information.

So, first of all, i'm looking to documents explaining how HS3 is launching the command to CM15, which files are used, how the setting/config are done, to summarize a kind of SW architecture document explaining how it works?
    2nd point : if someone has a clue on the issue described above, it will be greatly appreciated to unblock the situation.

thank you for your support
    regards
    Frederic

Welcome to the HS Board. I do not use Linux or the CM15, but for starters, does your M3 device have 4 tabs on the Device screen? Like the one below, except I think your 4th tab will probably be named CM15.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tab.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1351392
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hello Michael, thank you to answer me. In fact no, i don't have this tab with X10. I'm using the following screen to create the X10 device :

you can define the device with House unit. I have checked in help menu, i don't see any specific tab for X10 device?

Name:	X10 HS3.PNG
Views:	138
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1351438

What HS3 are you using?

Fred.

Comment

Here is what I see using a CM11A using Linux. Using X10 plugin version 3.0.0.46 and HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548 (Linux)

In the logging I see:

Jan-03 4:05:08 AM Info Plugin X10 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50776
        Jan-03 4:05:08 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin X10 ...
        Check Interfaces
        Jan-03 4:05:09 AM Info Initializing CM11A/12U on COM port /dev/ttyUSB0
        Jan-03 4:05:10 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin X10 started successfully in 2139 milliseconds
        Check Interfaces
        Jan-03 4:05:11 AM Starting Plug-In X10 loaded in 3110 milliseconds
        Thread Pool Worker
        Jan-03 4:05:11 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in X10
        Thread Pool Worker

In the specific device see the X10 tab here. If I disable the plugin I do not see the X10 tab.

With no tab here you will not be able to configure an X10 device that works.

Click image for larger version  Name:	x10tab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	1351441
        Thinking too you need mochad installed. It is sitting there in the Homeseer directory.
        Shut down HS3 application while you are doing this.

HS3Lite:/opt/HomeSeer/mochad# ls
        91-usb-x10-controllers.rules mochad

HS3Lite:/opt/HomeSeer/mochad# cat *.rules
        SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bc7", ATTR{idProduct}=="0001", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/mochad"
        SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bc7", ATTR{idProduct}=="0002", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/mochad"

Mochad needs a usb lib to connect to the CM15Pro, so lets install that first :
        sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev

To test it just run it then start up Homeseer 3.

cd /HomeSeer/mochad

sudo ./mochad

cd ..

./go

Then enabled the X10 plugin from the interface and see if you have an X10.

Guessing that maybe mochad is starting then qutting? Just a guess. Note too that CM15A plugin version is listed as 3.0.0.5 under legacy plugins.

Have a read over here ==>

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...h-cm15a-plugin
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Hello Pete, thank you for your answer. in fact i have checked Mochad service, and i have installed by myself, it wasn't with HS3 image. Mochad is working fine, we can test it by using "systemctl status mochad.service".

regarding the tab, i have installed the plugin X10 (for CM11), and you are right the tab appears. So coming back to CM15, i have deinstalled and reinstalled CM15pro plugin, and now i can see the CM15 tab (instead of X10), which was not seen beforeā€¦.why i don't know.

Now, i can see the tab CM15, and i am able to set the unit code house, and it works fine finally!.

Name:	X10 HS3 CM15.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1351477
          so i can close this topic.
          thank you anyway for your feedbacks, was helpful.

regards

Frederic

Comment

Great news Frederic!

- Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
            HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
            HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

For future reference there's a bug that the first device you create will not show the X10 tab. The second and subsequent created devices will show this tab.
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

Also note that if there are any issues with communications between the CM15a plugin and the CM15a hardware the plugin may report to HS that there is an issue and HS will NOT display the CM15a tab for device config! (The same is true for the "X10" plugin.) This was likely the cause of the issue reported above.
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

As for closing the topic using Mochad with HS. I wouldn't close just yet. Put Mochad under load to really test it's capability. I say this from experience. Watch out for the lockups.

Comment

Working...
                  X