Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have HS3 on the home troller zee s2. I somehow uninstalled the CM15A, I need to get it back but it's not listed under plugins.

Comment

The CM15a plugin for Linux is currently listed in the BETA category on the Plugins/Manage page in HS3. It will get moved to Lighting & Primary Technology once I have feedback that it is working properly for everyone. Please let me know how it works for you!
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Hi Mark.

I have been using HS since the original release. I have an extensive X10 install and control everything from lights to pond water falls to sprinklers and a gas fireplace. Everything is voice controlled via Alexa as well as Google. I have been running on HS3 for a while now but am in the process of switching to a Hometroller PI (tired of keeping a computer up and running all the time.) I started to configure the PI today. I have a CM15a that worked fine under HS3. It was recognized by the PI running HS4PI and your plugin started with no issues. I created my devices and found that in order to turn them on or off, I had to click the on or off button multiple times before the actual device came on or turned off. I thought it may be a delay but a single click to turn a device on did not work (I waited several minutes.)

The other issue is that Alexa will not control devices. I deleted all devices from the alexa app, reinstalled the HS plugin for Alexa and scanned for new devices. All newly created devices show up and when I tell Alexa to 'turn on the kitchen light' (as an example), Alexa responds saying ok but the light never turn on.

Any thoughts on either issue?

Comment

gherd11 Not sure why (or even how) the plugin would not respond to On or Off button presses in the UI. Please note that the plugin does not receive button presses from the HS U/I but is called by HS in response to HS changing the status of a virtual device, something like this:
          1. User presses ON button for a plugin-owned device in the HS U/I.
          2. HS changes the state of the virtual device in memory to ON.
          3. HS checks if a plugin owns the virtual device.
          4. If plugin owned, HS calls the function SetIOMulti() in the plugin along with the device info to inform the plugin that the physical device needs to be changed.
          5. The plugin communicates with the technology interface (CM15a in this case) to send the command(s) to the physical device.
          Question: Is this only an issue with the CM15a plugin or have you noticed this behavior with other plugins (even just occasionally)?

Regarding your issue using Alexa, I would suggest that you pose this issue to the Alexa plugin author. As I mentioned above HS is the coordinator of these interactions and the CM15a plugin is simply notified by HS that a device needs to be changed. To my knowledge, the Alexa plugin does not know about the CM15a plugin and does not interact with it in any way. Having never used it, I believe it simply gets a list of devices from HS and then tells HS to change the device's state when you ask it to. In this case, when the virtual device is changed by the Alexa plugin, HS finds that the virtual device is owned by the CM15a plugin and tells the CM15a plugin that the device has changed.

I've just reached out to the Alexa plugin author on this issue to see if there is something I'm not understanding.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

Comment

gherd11 Regarding your issues with controlling X10 devices using Alexa, I heard back from the author of this plugin and I was incorrect in my previous statement that the Alexa plugin gets a list of devices from HS and then controls them. The author stated that the plugin does not control any devices but simply allows your PC to act as an Echo device and the HS handles the rest, so this means that the issue is with HS4. Please either email HST support or submit a support ticket with them. Here is a direct link to the support page: https://homeseer.com/contact-us/

Also, please let me know your answer to my question in the post above when you get a moment.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

Comment

I am fumbling thru the HS4 X10 install and failing ..

I understand that there is a new plugin available .. I have a .50 and I understand there is a newer one.

Which brings up the point . how do you update a plugin .. I am familiar with the easy to use interface on HS3 . but see no interface on HS4 .. can someone provide a link for the instructions on how to do this.

As well, there is info above, that says there is a new way to install X10 devices .. All the surface indicators suggest all is good, but I am having serious intermittent issues with simple on/off to switches

As well I see there are other devices that may be more current and reliable such as the CM15A .. how does this physically connect to the computer and is anyone having consistent reliability with this interface. I also see a TI interface .. any thoughts on this as well ..

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Don

Comment

Hello Don, uninstall the v.50 plugin and install the current version - all of this can be done the Plugins menu in HS. If you run into any issues with different versions popping up then shutdown HS, open the HS directory and delete the file HSPI_X10.exe, then restart HS and install the current version using Plugins/Add. Do not install the X10 BETA version in the updater, it is a test version for a specific user.

Regarding adding new X10 devices in HS4, yes it is a bit different - from the Plugins menu select X10 then Add New X10 Device. You cannot use the HS4 'New Device' to add an X10 device. Once a device has been added you can edit it as in HS3.

If you are having intermittent reliability issues then it is most likely noisy devices on your powerlines and not your interface. Any electronic device (computer, UPS, TV, microwave, refrigerator, cell phone charger, game, CFL or LED light) will either degrade (aka 'suck') the X10 signals and/or they throw a bunch of noise onto the powerline that interferes with the X10 signals. Plugin X10 filters on every non X10 electronic device in your environment will go a long way to helping with this. There is quite a bit of info on the web about this, try searching for 'troubleshooting X10 signal issues.'

If you are using a CM11a and it has been working or your then I'd recommend sticking with that interface. I personally like the Ti interface better but the company is no longer in business and they can be difficult to find. The CM15a has some limitations under Windows (no PresetDims and no ExtendedCommands) so I'd not recommend that interface if you use those commands.

-Mark-
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                X