X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 & CM15a Plugins under HS4

16Nov2020 Update
    The "X10" (CM11a & Ti103) and both CM15a plugins are available in the updater (HS3 & HS4). All 3 plugins have been tested and run under HS4 and should function as they did under HS3 with one exception: in HS4 you must use the HS4 menu "Plugins / X10 (or CM15a) / Create New X10 Device" to create new X10 devices. Once they have been created you can edit them normally.

Please let me know if you find any issues!

--- OLDER UPDATES BELOW RETAINED FOR REFERENCE ---

25May2020 Update
    Two of the three "X10" plugins have been updated to run under HS4. Here is the current status of each:
    X10 for Windows & Linux (for the CM11a & Ti103 interfaces): plugin has been updated to run under HS4 (as of version v3.0.0.47) and v3.0.0.50 was submitted to the HS updater on 24May2020, so it should be available shortly.
    CM15a for Windows: still working on updating this for HS4.
    CM15a for Linux: plugin has been updated to run under HS4 (as of v3.0.0.6) and I am in the process of submitting v3.0.0.8 to the updater.

22Mar2020 Update
    I have been working for the past month and a half on all 3 "X10" plugins ("X10 for Windows/Linux", "CM15a for Windows" and "CM15a for Linux") to get them functional under HS4. After my initial testing (see "The Good news" and "The Bad news" below) I found that there were some showstopper issues that would prevent the HS3 "X10" plugins from running under HS4, namely the inability to create new X10 devices. During this period I have added the ability to add new X10 devices via a dedicated menu, updated the config menu and also fixed a few bugs. [LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=14px]Also during this period, HST has just recently updated HS4 and new devices can now be added the "old" way by clicking the "+" (add new virtual device) and then going to the X10 tab.

All of these fixes are in the BETA releases for testing, so you must install the current plugin from the updater and then apply the beta. As each plugin gets tested and confirmed working I will release them to the updater. Please refer to the beta download page for the details of changes made: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...eases?t=185551

Here's the status of each plugin:
    X10 for Windows & Linux (for CM11a & Ti103 interfaces): beta 3.0.0.48 is available for testing, seems to be working well so far.
    CM15A for Windows: no updates yet, currently working on this.
    CM15A for Linux: beta 3.0.0.6 is available for testing - please test this if able, I really need more folks to test this!!

Please let me know your experiences as you test!

The Good news
    Upgrading from HS3 to HS4 is simple and worked great for my simple test installs; all of the HS3 devices and events came over without issue! (Note that the X10 plugin settings are NOT migrated and must be manually copied from /Config/X10.ini. This is not required for the CM15a plugin.) Installing the HS3 X10 and CM15a plugins from the updater (you still use the HS3 updater from within HS4) works properly. Enabling the plugin is a bit clumsy under HS4 but it does work. Once running you can control & edit existing devices (see below) and edit & run existing events and create new events. So far I've only tested a few events.

The Bad news
    Unfortunately there is a showstopper bug: there is currently no way to add a new X10 device! HST has made internal changes to how new devices are created and it does not currently support creating a new HS3 plugin device unless that creation is handled from a plugin page. Both the X10 and CM15a plugins rely on HS to present the plugin tab when creating a new device and the plugin then creates the new device when the user clicks the 'Done' button on that tab. In HS4 you the user now chooses what type of device to create from a drop-down before it displays the new device page, and this only works for HS4 plugins. Without displaying the X10 (or CM15a) tab there is no way to create a new X10 device.

Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Any news on creating new devices? Can we create new devices under HS3 then convert? Guess this means we should keep HS3 in tact.

Comment

Sorry, no news on this yet, I'm still waiting on HST for an answer and it will likely be a couple of weeks. They are aware of the issue.

You can convert devices from HS3 to HS4, but I don't think you can do this continually to add new devices. Maybe you could give it a try and let us know what happens?

​​​In parallel I'm working to add another way to add new devices if running under HS4. Which plugin are you using; X10, CM15a Win or CM15a Linux?
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
        Sorry, no news on this yet, I'm still waiting on HST for an answer and it will likely be a couple of weeks. They are aware of the issue.

Maybe you could give it a try and let us know what happens?

​​​ Which plugin are you using; X10, CM15a Win or CM15a Linux?
        Yes, I can try it.
        I haven't switched to HS4 yet, only have it set up in a separate folder. I think I have a corrupted database in HS3. Events turning ON wrong devices, Device Management screen showing devices as ON when they are not, nor does log indicate the device being switched on. Not a noise problem.

All started after A nasty power brown out / interuption last Thanksgiving. I have been trying to fix before switching to 4. Wish I could open db in Access. I fixed the old base a couple of times with Access.

I am X10 and a 103.

Comment

I'm seeing the same problems.

I am unable to log anything from a Powerflash unit. I use it to monitor the status of the garage door via a simple magnetic reed switch. I tried coping an existing x-10 device and reassigning an address to it. No luck - signals from it are not recognized.. Any help would be grreatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post

I am unable to log anything from a Powerflash unit. I use it to monitor the status of the garage door via a simple magnetic reed switch. I tried coping an existing x-10 device and reassigning an address to it. No luck - signals from it are not recognized..
            sounds like a typical X10 "noise" problem to me. If you have any type of wired X10 controller ("Maxi" console, etc) plug it in to the same outlet as the Power Flash and send an ON command to a light or device the computer normally can control. Does the light go on? Does the command get logged? If not, it might be noise. JVDE has some excellent trouble shooting for X10 noise and X10 signal suckers. JVDE also make the best X10 repeaters and filters.

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Comment

It works perfectly running HS2. I have tried moving the Powerflash unit to various locations. HS4 never sees the device

Comment

It works perfectly running HS2. I have tried moving the Powerflash unit to various locations. HS4 never sees the device
                Are you reporting this to HST HS4 beta? I'm holding off testing until the basic X-10 issues are fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post

Yes, I can try it.
                  I haven't switched to HS4 yet, only have it set up in a separate folder. I think I have a corrupted database in HS3. Events turning ON wrong devices, Device Management screen showing devices as ON when they are not, nor does log indicate the device being switched on. Not a noise problem.

All started after A nasty power brown out / interuption last Thanksgiving. I have been trying to fix before switching to 4. Wish I could open db in Access. I fixed the old base a couple of times with Access.

I am X10 and a 103.
                  If you're having issues with your HS3 DB then I would certainly not expect things to be any better under HS4; in fact I'd expect things to be worse. Perhaps you might try testing HS4 using a new HS4 DB rather than importing your corrupt HS3 DB.

Thanks for letting me know that you're using the X10 plugin under Windows with a Ti103. I am only evaluating HS4 compatibility with the X10 plugin for now, and will move on to the CM15a plugins once this one is working.
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

I am unable to log anything from a Powerflash unit. I use it to monitor the status of the garage door via a simple magnetic reed switch. I tried coping an existing x-10 device and reassigning an address to it. No luck - signals from it are not recognized.. Any help would be grreatly appreciated.
                    Originally posted by gelessor

First things first:
                    1) Which X10 plugin are you testing: "X10" or "CM15a"
                    2) Which version of the plugin?
                    3) Windows or Linux?
                    4) How many X10 devices are in your HS3 system?
                    5) Are you able to control other X10 devices using the plugin under HS4? (Ie; does the plugin transmit?)
                    6) Is X10 data being received for your other X10 devices? If you don't have any devices that transmit then try using a maxi controller or palm-pad.

You mentioned that your Powerflash works correctly under HS3, can we assume that this is a typo and you meant HS3?

To enable logging to the HS4 log you will need to:
                    1) Disable the plugin
                    2) Edit the X10.ini file located in the Config directory and set 'PluginDebug' and 'Override' both to True as shown below:
                    [settings]
                    PluginDebug=True
                    Override=True
                    3) Re-enable the plugin

Once logging is enabled please post your log entries so we can see what is happening "under the covers."
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                      Are you reporting this to HST HS4 beta? I'm holding off testing until the basic X-10 issues are fixed.
                      I am not reporting these to the HS4 Beta forum and I would ask that we not post plugin specific issues there as it will only am muddy the waters for everyone. Let's keep the plugin discussions in this forum for now.

HST is aware that there are issues with HS3 plugins under HS4 and is working to get them resolved. Also know that there is a lot of discussion going on about these transition issues between HST and the plugin developers in a private forum.

Please remember that HS4 is in BETA release which means we should all expect there will be issues. I do understand if you want wait until the X10 plugins are fully functional before testing HS4, but it sure would be helpful to have more folks testing the plugin under HS4 so that we have a broad base of information.
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

Traveling until Friday but will report back then as requested.

I did move from HS2 to HS3 and now running beta HS4. Using x10 plug-in version 3.0.36 with CM11A on Windows 10 system

Comment

Updated to the latest beta (version 46). Still not seeing activity from the PowerFlash.

Any help is greatly appreciated..

First things first:
                          1) Which X10 plugin are you testing: "X10" or "CM15a" X10
                          2) Which version of the plugin? 3.0.0.46 beta
                          3) Windows or Linux? Windows 10
                          4) How many X10 devices are in your HS3 system?
                          5) Are you able to control other X10 devices using the plugin under HS4? (Ie; does the plugin transmit?) YES
                          6) Is X10 data being received for your other X10 devices? If you don't have any devices that transmit then try using a maxi controller or palm-pad.

YES and No. Wireless devices work - Stick-a-switch, DS-10 and motion detectors work. Transmitting devices plugged into an outlet are not being seen (Devices plugged into the wall that send x10 signals)

You mentioned that your Powerflash works correctly under HS3, can we assume that this is a typo and you meant HS3? It works under HS2 - I moved from 2 to 4

To enable logging to the HS4 log you will need to: Done
                          1) Disable the plugin
                          2) Edit the X10.ini file located in the Config directory and set 'PluginDebug' and 'Override' both to True as shown below:
                          [settings]
                          PluginDebug=True
                          Override=True
                          3) Re-enable the plugin

Log is below

2/28/2020 8:28:49 AM
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          BLRF X10
                          O11 (Office Motion) ON
                          2/28/2020 8:28:47 AM
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          BLRF X10
                          A1 ON
                          2/28/2020 8:28:46 AM
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          BLRF X10
                          O13 (Theater Motion) ON
                          2/28/2020 8:28:43 AM
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Success! 0.053 seconds for CM11a to send.
                          2/28/2020 8:28:43 AM
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Got ack of: 0x55
                          2/28/2020 8:28:42 AM
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Send 0x00 to CM11a (command to transmit the data onto the power line).
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Received a good checksum: 0x98
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Data sent, waiting for checksum From CM11a...
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x6 0x92
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Success! 0.579 seconds for CM11a to send.
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Send 0x00 to CM11a (command to transmit the data onto the power line).
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Received a good checksum: 0x94
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x4 0x90
                          HomeSeer
                          Device Control
                          Device: Downstairs Theater Bass Shakers to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                          2/28/2020 8:28:39 AM
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Success! 0.742 seconds for CM11a to send.
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          BLRF X10
                          O13 (Theater Motion) ON
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Received a good checksum: 0x99
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x6 0x93
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Success! 0.289 seconds for CM11a to send.
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          2/28/2020 8:28:38 AM
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Received a good checksum: 0x94
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x4 0x90
                          HomeSeer
                          Device Control
                          Device: Downstairs Theater Bass Shakers to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                          2/28/2020 8:28:36 AM
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Success! 0.643 seconds for CM11a to send.
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Received a good checksum: 0x98
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x6 0x92
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          CM11A.SendIt(): Success! 0.187 seconds for CM11a to send.
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          2/28/2020 8:28:35 AM
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          X10 DEBUG
                          2/28/2020 8:28:35 AM

Comment

Great, thanks for installing v.46 (this is also in the updater). From the log snip you posted it appears that the plugin is operating normally. Please try exercising your PowerFlash several times and then post your log from that time period. We should see the data received from your PF in the log and if the device does not exist in HS we'll see this as well. It is possible that copying an existing device and saving it as a new one does not work properly in HS4 - I've not tested this yet.

I will be posting another Beta version soon (likely this weekend) that provides a way to add new X10 devices in HS4.
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

Comment

You are correct. It appears the problem stems from trying to copy an existing device and changing the address. AS the log below shows when I sent the device to an address that is not in HS (B12) then it logs the Powerflash unit changes. If I use an address that is currently assigned to a copied device (L12) it is not seen. See the log entries below

Thanks again for your help on this one. I'm using the Powerflash unit attached to a magnetic alarm sensor to identify if the garage door is open or closed so I can run events based on that status

I look forward to seeing the new update and if I can be of help in testing please feel free to send it to me.

Bill Lott
                              blott@twc.com

2/28/2020 12:25:18 PM
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0x2 Time: 44718.4958529
                              2/28/2020 12:25:18 PM
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload byte count: 3
                              2/28/2020 12:25:16 PM
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              BLRF X10
                              M13 (Kitchen Motion) ON
                              2/28/2020 12:25:11 PM
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              X10 data received for a device not in HS: B12 UOn

Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              X10 data received for a device not in HS: B12 UOff
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              X10 data received for a device not in HS: B12 UOn

Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xE2 Time: 44711.7536839
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xEB Time: 44711.7337946
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xE3 Time: 44711.7135903
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xEB Time: 44711.6935832
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xE2 Time: 44711.6636334
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xEB Time: 44711.6436359
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0x2A Time: 44711.6237513
                              Legacy-Plugin
                              X10 DEBUG
                              CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload byte count: 7

Comment

Working...
                              X