Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be sure, after you copied an existing device did you open the copied device and change the X10 address on the X10 tab and click the Done button? If you don't do this then the plugin cannot update the internal data structures and might lead to the issue you are seeing.

I'll test copying an existing X10 device in HS4 before publishing a new beta.

Thank you for your offer to help test!
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Yes. I have now tried to copy several existing x10 devices and changes the address to match the PowerFlash. Each time I do, I can see activity on the CM11A as below, but it doesn't change the device value.

2/28/2020 10:01:02 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload byte count: 3
      2/28/2020 10:01:01 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xD6 Time: 79261.3201444
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xD2 Time: 79261.2999781
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0x1 Time: 79261.280107
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload byte count: 3
      2/28/2020 10:01:00 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xD6 Time: 79260.6901843
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0x0 Time: 79260.6659128
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload byte count: 2

If I set the Powerflash on an unused address I see this..

2/28/2020 9:54:54 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      X10 data received for a device not in HS: H UOn
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xD0 Time: 78894.706665
      Legacy-Plugin
      X10 DEBUG
      CM11A.GetUpload(): Upload Data: 0xD6 Time: 78894.6946702

Comment

Thanks for the info, it helped me find the issue! I have posted a new BETA build of the "X10" plugin (sorry, no CM15a updates yet) and posted info and instructions here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...s-version-here

Please post results, issues, etc. in that fourm instead of here when testing v.47.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

Comment

Not sure if this is the right location to write this.

my HS3 system mainly consists of Insteon devices and x10 motion sensors which I use simpleRF to pick up the x10 Rf signals and send to HS.
          I have about 15 motion sensors which all work reliably.

I am testing out HS4 and was trying to add a new device for a motion sensor.
          it turns out with HS4 - while I could add a virtual device - it doesn't have any x10 setting. this means it doesn't respond to any x10 commands.

after a bit of mucking about - I installed the plugin " X10" which failed to load as the com port was already in use.ie (_**FATAL**: Unable to open COM4! Access )
          however I discovered that rather than removing or deleting the Plugin - leaving it active allows me to add new x10 devices.
          Once the new device is created - I can program it with the correct house & unit codes.
          That allows HS4 to respond to the status of the new x10 device .

- it's as good a brought one..

Comment

I am testing out HS4 and was trying to add a new device for a motion sensor.
            it turns out with HS4 - while I could add a virtual device - it doesn't have any x10 setting. this means it doesn't respond to any x10 commands.
            This has been a longstanding issue in HS4, where the tab for HS3 plugins is not displayed when a new virtual device is being created. I thought this had been fixed at some point during the HS4 beta phase, but I just loaded SimpleRF and in fact see that the issue persists. For the X10 and CM15a plugins I had to modify them to provide a separate method to add new devices. I think the SimpleRF plugin author will need to do this as well so that it can create new X10 devices.

Please note that the X10 plugin does not support RF devices. While it currently allows you to add X10 devices that you can then control with SimpleRF, I cannot guarantee that future releases of the X10 plugin will support this mode of operation. I would recommend that you contact the SimpleRF plugin author and ask that this issue be addressed so it can add new devices under HS4. Please also submit a bug report to HST on this so they are aware that the issue persists.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

Comment

Hi, any luck with adding X10 devices on HS4? My HS3 backup files were corrupted, so need to create as new devices under HS4 (running linux / S2). Thanks!

Comment

Hello Bert,

The "X10" plugin in the updater has supported adding devices for quite some time. This plugin runs under both Windows and Linux and supports the CM11a & Ti103 interfaces. If you're using the CM15a under Linux you'll need to install the current package from the legacy updater and then manually install the BETA release located on this page (make sure you get the Linux version): https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-beta-releases

Unfortunately the CM15a for Windows version is not fully updated and while you can use this plugin under HS4 you will not be able to add or copy existing devices.

Let me know which plugin (X10 or CM15a) you use and how it works for you!
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
                  Hello Bert,

The "X10" plugin in the updater has supported adding devices for quite some time. This plugin runs under both Windows and Linux and supports the CM11a & Ti103 interfaces. If you're using the CM15a under Linux you'll need to install the current package from the legacy updater and then manually install the BETA release located on this page (make sure you get the Linux version): https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-beta-releases

Unfortunately the CM15a for Windows version is not fully updated and while you can use this plugin under HS4 you will not be able to add or copy existing devices.

Let me know which plugin (X10 or CM15a) you use and how it works for you!
                  Thanks for the quick reply! I use the CM15A interface. I'm not able to download the Linux_CM15A_3_0_0_6.zip (or 7.zip) files - I get the error "Invalid File Specified. Please log in to download. - HS Support". I'm most certainly logged in and have tried a couple of different browsers. I can download other files from that page. Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Hey Bert, sorry about that, looks like there was a server error when those 2 files were uploaded. I just uploaded them again and am able to download both from the beta page. You'll need to install the plugin from the updater first, then download the v7 zip, unzip and move/copy the files to their respective directories - note that the the .exe goes in your HS dir.
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

Comment

I was able to move the files into the appropriate folders and it now allows me to add x10 devices under the plug-in. The old devices are working again :-) Thank you for the support!

Comment

Excellent, glad you got it working! Please let me know if you come across any issues.
                        Best regards,
                        -Mark-

Comment

Hey Mark,

I use CM15a from Windows 10 in HS3. Ihave around 15 X10 devices. I just installed a trial version of HS4. Should the X10 plugin work for the CM15a in Windows 10 in HS4?

Can new devices be added?

Thank you,
                          Frank

Comment

frankc Hi Frank, unfortunately the Windows version of the CM15a plugin has not been updated to run properly under HS4 (only the X10 plugin and Linux CM15a plugins have been updated). There is a long standing bug in HS4 that prevents it from displaying technology tabs for HS3 plugin devices on the Device Config pages so you cannot add new devices. I thought HST had fixed this issue earlier this year but apparently it is still a problem. I've been super swamped at work and have not looked at this plugin in quite a while, but I recall being relatively close to having it fixed. I'll take a look when I get a chance and let you know if I can get you something to test soon.
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

Comment

OK. Thank you for your response!

I'll hold off on HS4 until the CM15a plugin is ready.

Thanks again!

Comment

Mark, I'm running on a ZeeS2 (Linux), HS4 using CM15a USB interface. When I try to install I only see v 3.0.0.5 available, not version 6 or 8. Also I setup a device as "standard dim", but under controls it only allows on/off, no dim. What's up, or is this an issue with version 3.0.0.5? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X