No announcement yet.

Issue noticed with the latest version of X-10 plugin - 3.0.0.46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so I'm clear: the device (lamp module in this case) is dimming to the commanded dim level but the log entries are not consistent. Right?

I don't think this is anything to worry about for now and should be the same in v.45.If you would, please casually monitor this and let me know if you find any patterns or major differences.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks again Mark. You're right about the log. Is there anything I should be concerned about if I want to put .45 in again?

I just wanted to compare the logging stuff. Other than that, all is good.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

v.45 will not work properly under HS4. If you're staying with HS3 then v.45 is fine.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

Comment

I'm getting this several times in a row with the group spaced a 2-3 minutes apart and it's really crowding up the log. The plugin appears to work. Is there a way to disable logging these messages?

Comment

Under HS4 Setup / General / Other Settings / uncheck developer mode
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by hankli View Post
              I'm getting this several times in a row with the group spaced a 2-3 minutes apart and it's really crowding up the log. The plugin appears to work. Is there a way to disable logging these messages?
              Please install v.48 and uncheck the Debug Mode checkbox on the Plugin Config menu: Plugins/X10/Plugin Config (this is new as of v.47). In v.47 I changed the logging of this situation from an Error to 'info' and the new plugin debug mode will control whether these are logged or not. Note that these messages are simply informational only (for me) and are not errors! I just left them as such (more than 2 years ago) so that they'd really stand out in the log and that folks would let me know. Funny that not one person has reported this over the past 2 years. I really don't need to know about this any longer, hence the change in log type.
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                Under HS4 Setup / General / Other Settings / uncheck developer mode
                Note that as of v.47 the HS 'Developer Mode' checkbox is ignored by the plugin and this is now controlled by the 'Debug Mode' checkbox on the 'Plugin Config' page that can be accessed from Plugins / X10 / Plugin Config. Here is a copy of the change log where all of these changes are noted:
                v3.0.0.47 Posted: 29Feb2020 --- Changes to support HS3 plugin version under HS4 ---
                Changed: Updated plugin 'Config' page (accessed from 'Plugins/X10/Config Plugin' in HS4 or 'Manage Plugins/X10/Config Plugin' in HS3).
                Moved: Com Port selector from 'Manage Plugins' to plugin 'Config'. Also disabled Com port selector in Manage Plugins.
                Added: Code to copy com port setting from HS settings.ini to X10.ini file when the setting does not exist in X10.ini.
                Removed: 'Override' setting in plugin (changing setting in X10.ini now does nothing).
                Added: 'Debug Mode' checkbox to Config page. HS3 'Developer Mode' setting is no longer used and changes to the plugin debug mode setting are respected immediately - no more plugin restart required!
                Added: 'Update' button to Config page. Click this after changing the interface and/or the Com Port to save the changes and restart the interface.
                Added: Ability to add new X10 devices from the plugin. This feature is available under both HS3 and HS4 and is accessed from "Plugins/X10/Add a New X10 Device"" in HS4 or "Manage Plugins/X10/Add a New X10 Device"" in HS3. This feature was added for HS4 compatibility.
                Fixed: X10 devices copied in HS do not respect received X10 commands. Info messages added to HS log when issues are found and automatically fixed.
                Changed: Ti103 log message "Ti103.CommThreadLoop(): calls=" type changed from 'error' to 'debug'.
                IMPORTANT NOTES:
                - When switching between the CM11a and Ti103 interfaces I have seen instances where the plugin cannot initialize the interface after the 'Update' button is clicked. If this happens, disable the plugin and restart it.
                - Please report any issues with this version on the forum in the sticky topic for this beta version: "Beta .47 Issues"
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

Comment

Thank you Mark.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm running HS3. I'll wait for the .48 release. Looks like it's not avaliable yet as HS3 reports .46 being the latest

Comment

v.47 & v.48 are BETA versions and available here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-beta-releases

I don't know when I will release v.48 to the updater as I'd really like to get more feedback from folks that everything is working as expected. Any chance you'd be willing to test v.48?
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

Mark, v.48 is working fine for me with HS3.
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Just installed .48. Right after startup (before turning off debug), got the following:
                          Mar-18 10:32:25 PM X10 DEBUG Error in Ti103.MSComm1_OnComm(): re-entrant call! Call count=1, RS232 bytes=1, rbuf=[$<2800!4B]
                          Mar-18 10:32:25 PM X10 DEBUG Ti103.CommThreadLoop(): calls=0
                          Just turned off debug now and will let you know what happens.

Comment

langenet Thanks for letting me know!

hankli Great, please let me know how it works for you and whether you run into any issues.
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

Comment

Hi Mark,

If possible, could you make the debug mode (non-) selection persistent. Seems it needs to be deselected every time HS3 is rebooted. Thanks,

Comment

I'm not experiencing this behaviour because my x10.ini contains

[settings]
                                PluginDebug=False
                                Override=False
                                [Default]

Comment

Working...
                                X