Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue noticed with the latest version of X-10 plugin - 3.0.0.46

Mark,

I saw the update for the latest plugin (3.0.0.46) in updater. I installed it but have now seen a few of these errors - not many but still, I never saw any issues with .45 and I've run it since 12/29/2017. What file do I need to go back again? I'm thinking all I need is to replace HSPI_X10.exe?? I have numerous backups.
    Feb-27 11:09:16 AM X10 ERROR Ti103.CommThreadLoop(): calls=0
    Thanks,

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Ok… I put back in the .45 version and so far all seems good. I read the release notes thinking it was just a rebranded version of .45 to release...

The funny part is that I would see the error in the log when NO X-10 execution was happening and not when it was transmitting X-10. I don't have many left now.

I also thought it might be because my system has been up for more than 31 days. But I've had it up close to 60 days with .45 and no issue.

Anyway, I'll keep monitoring

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Hi Robert, sorry for the issue, it is definitely not your system! This is actually not an error but is a left over debug message to help with catching a "Error in Ti103.MSComm1_OnComm() :Argument 'Start' must be non zero" error that was reported quite some time ago. While this 'error' did not seem to cause any problems, the error message in the log was annoying and I thought it had been resolved. I'm surprised no one else, including yourself has reported seeing the debug message in all this time and I'm not sure why moving from v.45 to v.46 would cause this to begin again!
      I would recommend that you reload v.46 and just ignore this debug message for now since v.46 is the most stable release. I have changed the message you are seeing to be logged as informational rather than an error and this fix will be in the next release.

If you wouldn't mind, please let me know how frequently you see that message as it's possible something is still not quite right.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks for getting back Mark.
        After MS patching a reboot on Saturday, I enabled .46 of the plugin. I got a couple more errors early Sunday morning.
        Mar-01 4:10:04 AM X10 ERROR Ti103.CommThreadLoop(): calls=0
        Mar-01 3:57:35 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Fan State Set to Fan State 0
        Mar-01 3:57:32 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Fan Mode Set to 0
        Mar-01 3:36:02 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Fan Mode Set to 1
        Mar-01 3:35:30 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Fan State Set to Fan State 1
        Mar-01 2:27:12 AM BLBackup Info The backup process (Folder Tree - Full) has completed at 3/1/2020 2:27:12 AM
        Mar-01 2:02:17 AM X10 ERROR Ti103.CommThreadLoop(): calls=0

and last night I got these.
        ar-02 2:09:46 AM X10 ERROR Error in Ti103.MSComm1_OnComm(): re-entrant call! Call count=1, RS232 bytes=0, rbuf=[]
        Mar-02 2:09:46 AM X10 ERROR Ti103.CommThreadLoop(): calls=0
        Mar-02 1:24:18 AM X10 ERROR Ti103.CommThreadLoop(): calls=0
        Mar-02 1:15:00 AM Log Info The log database is currently 6.08MB in size.
        Mar-02 1:15:00 AM Log Maintenance 63 records, selected by date/time, were removed from the log database.
        Mar-02 1:08:05 AM X10 ERROR Ti103.CommThreadLoop(): calls=0
        Mar-02 1:00:00 AM Event Event Trigger "System Maintenance Garbage Collection"
        Mar-02 12:45:00 AM BLBackup Info The backup process (Folder Tree - Full) has started at 3/2/2020 12:45:00 AM...
        Mar-02 12:45:00 AM Event Event Trigger "System Maintenance BLBackups"
        Mar-02 12:24:22 AM X10 ERROR Ti103.CommThreadLoop(): calls=0
        As far as .45 is concerned, I've never had any issues since I installed it Dec 29 2017. None..

Running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows).

Robert

Comment

Thanks for the log snips! Beta v.48 has been posted which includes a change in the log type for this message; these will now only get logged if you enable the new 'debug mode' setting on the plugin configuration page (not 'Developer Mode' on the Manage Plugins page). You can download the beta from: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...33#post1008133 Please take a moment to review the changes listed for v.47 as they are included in v.48 and some significantly change configuration of the plugin.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

Comment

Thanks Mark. However, the .48 link doesn't work. Looks like the file size is 0 bytes.

One question - why change the message from error to debug when I don't get any errors at all in .45?

Robert

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the v.48 file size was 0! It looks like the upload had an issue and I didn't refresh the page to check. The correct file is up there now.

While you did not see any errors in .45 (or prior) several other users were receiving "MSComm1_OnComm: Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero" errors in their logs. The error was addressed in v.46 and I simply left these debug messages (one of which you are seeing) as an error type so they'd really stand out in case they popped up again for the user I was working with. Since these are simply informational debug messages letting us know that a condition which caused the errors previously has been caught and handled, there really isn't any need for me to know about them any longer. If an error occurs in this section of the code it will be properly logged as an error.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please give v.48 a try and let me know what happens!

Best regards,
              -Mark-
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

Mark,
                I'm into my 2nd day now and am pleased to report that I'm not seeing any errors in the log. Things seem to be working ok with one exception this morning.
                I wake up to my bedroom lights dimming up in step from 15%, 30% then 100%. I can't remember what the switch is but it is dimmable, works great and supports the extended dim commands - I think (at least that's how I've had it configured forever) . I don't have a neutral so I'm sticking with X-10 for this application. In any case, the 15% dim was missed this morning - could just be a one of and I'll test again going forward. Just that I don't remember having a miss with.45 before and I've had it in place for about 9 years.

In testing with Alexa this morning, it also missed but then worked. Again, not sure if it was a one of morning. However, I'm confused by the logging.
                The logging shows Brightness 1% then (15) for my 15% then 1% (100) for full on. Not sure if I saw this with .45 or not.

You can see me playing with it below and the logging provided.
                Mar-04 7:35:49 AM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Mar-04 7:35:04 AM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Brightness 1% (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Mar-04 7:34:54 AM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Brightness 1% (15) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Mar-04 7:34:44 AM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Mar-04 7:33:20 AM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Brightness 1% (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Mar-04 7:32:58 AM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Mar-04 7:32:55 AM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Mar-04 7:32:50 AM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Mar-04 7:32:21 AM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Brightness (value)% (99) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Thanks

Robert

EDIT: Mark, it looks like it was a one-time occurance - this morning it all worked just fine. Still no errors reported in the log. The only issue I'm confused with is the Brightness 1% entry in the log.
                With respect to adding new X-10 devices, I just wanted to let you know that I find this very clean and intuitive.
                Furthermore, I wanted to add that I appreciate all your efforts to keep X-10 alive in HS. I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself on this..

Comment

Mark,

The plugin continues to work fine now 4 days in. What's very interesting is to see the log entry now making sense on it's own compared to my last post. Absolutely no change or reboot since my first reporting... hmm???
                  Mar-06 6:00:00 AM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Brightness 15% (15)
                  Mar-06 6:00:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Lighting Wakeup Bedroom Lights On in Step"
                  Thanks,

Robert

Comment

Hey Robert,

Thanks for the update on the odd log entries. I suspect it may have something to do with HS4 dealing with HS3 devices. I'm glad it seems to have resolved itself but would be great if you could keep a casual eye on it just in case it happens again.

Thank you for your kind words, very much appreciated!
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

Comment

Thanks Mark. Just to be clear, I'm running HS3 .548. I'll restart my server this weekend and see how it plays out from a cold boot again.

Comment

Great, thanks.

Best regards,
                        -Mark-

Comment

Ok... did a bit more testing and here's what I found.

When using Alexa - set the lights to 15%, I get
                          Mar-06 4:26:13 PM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Brightness 1% (15) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

When setting the lights to 15% through an event I get:
                          Mar-06 5:22:23 PM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Brightness 15% (15)

When using the slider from the device management page I get: Slid it over and stopped at 34%
                          Mar-06 5:23:53 PM Device Control Device: Lighting Master Bedroom Bed Side Lights to Brightness (value)% (34) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

I can't verify this against .45, so it may just be the way it's always been. In any case, the plugin seems to work fine.

So I'm thinking it must have to do with using the CAPI Control Handler. Can I assume controlling the device via an event doesn't use the CAPI Control Handler...??

Thanks,

Robert

Comment

What level did the lights go to in each of the above cases?
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

Comment

15%, 15% and 34%. It looks like its noted in the constructor to the Capi control

Comment

Working...
                              X