No announcement yet.

CM11A not sending x10 codes [RESOLVED, bad CM11a]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mfisher I lost track of the supposed broken CM11a’s I’ve brought back to life this way. Heyu in conjunction with the CM11a, besides being a great little standalone X10 controller is a great way to test troublesome CM11a units. Who wants all the trouble of having to setup AHP on a computer once it’s retired. If you felt you could include it somehow it would definitely help with troubleshooting.

Comment

I'll have a look at Heyu and also check what's involved in adding a CM11a clear/reset function to the X10 plug-in.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thank you mfisher and concordseer for your continued support.

I did check the CM11a for the presence of batteries and found there were none installed. I must have removed them when I put the CM11a in storage 4 or 5 years ago. I do not use Linux so Heyu was not going to be a quick or easy option although I did find and article by Jason Evangelho on Forbes.com describing "How To Try Linux Without Making Any Changes To Your PC". (Summary - Boot from a USB Stick) Rather than follow this 13 page procedure, I was able to find and download the ActiveHome Pro software. This program is compatible with the CM11a and has a function to clear the CM11a memory, which I was able to use. Unfortunately, even using this program, the X10 codes did not go on the powerline with no signal going to the lamp module.

I also tried Mark's suggestion regarding the use of the XPPF filter. I did not have the XPPF but used a similar (I think) SmartHome FilterLinc Model 1626-10. With the FilterLinc plugged into the wall outlet and a regular three outlet adapter, I was able to connect the CM11a and the X10 Lamp Module next to each other on the adapter. Using the HS3 X10 plugin on the S6, the lamp module was not activated.

At this point, I think the CM11a is defective. In order to further verify this, I purchased a CM15a on Amazon. This should be delivered next week and, if it works, will confirm the CM11a defect condition. I will advise the results.

Comment

Well the AHP test confirmed what you probably knew. You’re CM11 is kaput. Shame as it’s a great PL X10 controller and works very well with HS.

Comment

Received the CM15a today but can not find a way to connect to HS3 X10 plugin on Hometroller S6. The X10 plugin only allows a choice of Com 1 or Com 2, CM15a requires a USB connection. Is there a current CM15a plugin for HS3?

Comment

Yes, you will need to install the CM15A plugin for Windows. Note that this will be a process and likely not plug and play. You may also need to install AHScript (which installs the USB driver) so plan to hook up a monitor, keyboard and mouse just in case. Once the CM15a is connected and working you'll want to install the beta version of the plugin (link is located at the top of the X10 forum).
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

Where would I find AHscript and how/where would I install it? Is the CM15A plugin located in the legacy section? Of the various update files you list in the forum for X10 Windows, which one if any should I install?

Comment

Yes, it looks like HS has moved the CM15A plugin to the 'Legacy' section. It will be back under Lighting & Primary Technology once I republish it. Just install it, connect your CM15a, enable the plugin and let me know what happens.

A couple of notes:
                  1) Devices created under the X10 plugin will not be controllable by the CM15a and you will have to recreate them under the CM15a plugin (sorry).
                  2) The CM15a plugin is limited to 'Standard Dim', 'Appliance' and 'Extended Dim' devices only and 'Preset Dim' commands cannot be used.
                  3) The CM15a requires the X10 drivers to be installed. If ActiveHome Pro has been installed on this device then they are already installed. If not the CM15a installer *might* install the AHScript driver (I've not looked at this inn a very long time). If not we'll need to install it manually and I'll help you through that.
                  4) You will want to install the latest BETA release once we verify the CM15A drivers are installed and the plugin is working. This is a simple, manual process (unzip the BETA download, disable the plugin, copy the .exe file to the HS directory, restart the plugin).

Please let me know what happens once you get the plugin installed and CM15a connected.
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

Success!!!!!

I downloaded the ActiveHome Pro program onto my HS S6. I then installed the Homeseer X10 (CM15A) plugin version 3.0.0.8 which indicated a Plug-in status of "OK". I setup a test lamp on CM15A using X10 location A3. HS now has on/off and dim control for this lamp.

I have not yet tried installing the latest BETA release yet. Where is the BETA download?

Thank you,

Paul

Comment

Great news Paul, so glad it's working! The BETA releases for all 3 "X10" plugins are located at the top of my X10 plugin forum and here is a link to that page: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...eases?t=185551 You'll want the "CM15a for Windows" one, version 3.0.0.12.

Please let me know how v12 works for you.
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

Hi Mark,

I did update the C15A plugin to V12 and everything seems to be working.

I understand that V12 will still work when I update from HS3 to HS4.

Thank you for your valued assistance and patience.

Regards,

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks for confirming that the CM15a v.12 plugin is working for you!

Unfortunately v.12 will not function properly under HS4; you won't be able add new devices. I am working on the update for that so hopefully it won't be an issue when you're ready to make the switch.
                          Best regards,
                          -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                          X